Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Crofts Appreciation and Goodbye Thread*****

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
By asking for some more time because he couldn't arrange a meeting in time? Close season now, Crofts is under contract so he has allllll the time in the world to decide/meet.

We accepted a bid for a under contract player its a completely different situation, sake

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I don't think it's Crofts fault, I'm just saying it would be nice to see people being consistent. If this was EXACTLY the same story but Murray's name inserted for Crofts, this thread would be full of

"good riddance"
"northern w*nker"
"lazy and sh*t"
"disloyal"

etc.

So now you are fabricating a chain of events to suit your argument on a thread about a player who is moving onwards and upwards and hasn't said one word to the press? Nice one :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I hold no ill will to either Calde or Crofts.They both did a sterling job for us but that's what it is... A JOB... and when a better offer come salong you have to consider your family, the danger of injury cutailing your career and the fact thta even without an injury this career flashes past you in a blink of an eye. At 35 most players careers are over and they HAVE TO cash in before that.

Thanks Croftsy and thanks Calde. Good luck to you both.

Now with Fozzie..THAT was different.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So now you are fabricating a chain of events to suit your argument on a thread about a player who is moving onwards and upwards and hasn't said one word to the press? Nice one :thumbsup:

Zzzz. Read all above again. I have NOTHING against Crofts. I wish him well.

You honestly don't think those comments would be made about Murray? Wake up, where have you been?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Zzzz. Read all above again. I have NOTHING against Crofts. I wish him well.

You honestly don't think those comments would be made about Murray? Wake up, where have you been?

Not from me they wouldn't. But I can understand the differences in the two cases. Some people may think that loyalty to the club should be the most important thing to Murray. Two sides to every argument, but you seem to want to stamp your opinion on everyone at any available opportunity.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yep. See you, Andy. Thanks for that great goal against Saints.

Enjoy your time coming off the bench in the Championship in the arse-end of the earth club that is Norwich, when you could have been CAPTAIN of a club that will likely be pushing for promotion and playing in a state of the art stadium in one of the best cities in Europe.

It's been real.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not from me they wouldn't. But I can understand the differences in the two cases. Some people may think that loyalty to the club should be the most important thing to Murray. Two sides to every argument, but you seem to want to stamp your opinion on everyone at any available opportunity.

Eh? Where on earth did I say that YOU would be slagging off Murray? What a bizarre way of looking at it.

It was a comment on certain morons who have never forgiven Murray for putting his family first, that is all.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He hasn't gone yet has he? I assume he is going to, which is a set back, but I hope for good news of arrivals soon.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Makes me laugh!!!

We pick him up on a free from Gillingham where he was doing sod all, he has an excellent season with us and gets back into the Wales squad, Norwich come in with a bid (does anyone know how much?) which must be decent as it seems we have excepted it.

Therefore we win as we will be getting dosh for a player that cost us Jack all, Norwich win as they have got the player they wanted and Crofts wins as he will probably not have to work so much for his money as he will be on the bench i imagine!!!

Also we may/will sign a better replacement or is Gus thinking of young Jake Caskey or Gary Dicker as his replacement????

Think it is good biz for us!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was good - Thanks Crofty

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
poyet said he didnt want to go anywhere else because he would have to start rebuilding if all these transfers are true team will need rebuilding lost calderon if we lose our captain it will be a big big blow:rant:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Has he gone then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not shove him out the door.:facepalm:

Gus has made it very clear that he only wants players who buy-in to his plans, as Crofts has gone so far as to pull-out of the Welsh Squad, I would not have expected there to be any way bach for him now.

Hopefully, Gus is prepared to let him go because he has a better replacement waiting in the wings.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Makes me laugh!!!

We pick him up on a free from Gillingham where he was doing sod all, he has an excellent season with us and gets back into the Wales squad, Norwich come in with a bid (does anyone know how much?) which must be decent as it seems we have excepted it.

Therefore we win as we will be getting dosh for a player that cost us Jack all, Norwich win as they have got the player they wanted and Crofts wins as he will probably not have to work so much for his money as he will be on the bench i imagine!!!

Also we may/will sign a better replacement or is Gus thinking of young Jake Caskey or Gary Dicker as his replacement????

Think it is good biz for us!!!

Sounds about right to me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here