Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Crofts Appreciation and Goodbye Thread*****

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it's Crofts fault, I'm just saying it would be nice to see people being consistent. If this was EXACTLY the same story but Murray's name inserted for Crofts, this thread would be full of

"good riddance"
"northern w*nker"
"lazy and sh*t"
"disloyal"

etc.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't think it's Crofts fault, I'm just saying it would be nice to see people being consistent. If this was EXACTLY the same story but Murray's name inserted for Crofts, this thread would be full of

"good riddance"
"northern w*nker"
"lazy and sh*t"
"disloyal"

etc.

From a few that have never rate(d) Murray. Expect the same sort of responses on here later when a few of the more 'colourful' characters come on and how Crofts floated few games and will not be missed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apologies for the binfest.

Good luck Crofty, hope it works out for him.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Eh!?!?!?

So Calderon leaves, and he gets all sorts of abuse. Our captain leaves, and he gets an appreciation thread. Bizzare.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm sorry to lose him, if as likely we will. But he will be easily replaced.

As we all know, players are in it for the money. I'm sure we would all like to earn more!

It's just a shame we can't compete at the moment with the 'bigger' clubs, but with Falmer looming ever closer, it shouldn't be too long before we can.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
From a few that have never rate(d) Murray. Expect the same sort of responses on here later when a few of the more 'colourful' characters come on and how Crofts floated few games and will not be missed

Sorry but although I think Murray is a petulant twat sometimes I find it unbelievable that people say they don't 'rate' him. He has goal ratio with us of 1:2 which is an undeniable statistic no matter what you say about him. Only reason he won't make it as a player at a higher level is because he acts like a prick to often. but the man clearly has bags of talent and when he really turns it on he is unplayable.

Anyway...onto Crofts. thanks for a good season but I do feel this is the correct decision.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Calderon f***ing us about might have something to do with it.

By asking for some more time because he couldn't arrange a meeting in time? Close season now, Crofts is under contract so he has allllll the time in the world to decide/meet.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Eh!?!?!?

So Calderon leaves, and he gets all sorts of abuse. Our captain leaves, and he gets an appreciation thread. Bizzare.

Eh, slightly different situation, eh? Calderon had his contract offer withdrawn because he wanted to join Southampton, a team in the same league as us, for financial reasons. Crofts is leaving to play in the Championship, of course on better wages but sure it wasn't his sole reason.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He hasn't even left yet, has he ???

no hence my "three options"

Looks very much like its a done deal if the Naaaarwich chairman is talking to the player

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
By asking for some more time because he couldn't arrange a meeting in time? Close season now, Crofts is under contract so he has allllll the time in the world to decide/meet.

Yes. Calderon agreed to our deal verbally and then changed has mind because Southampton *might* make an offer. Crofts is under contract and it's down to us to accept an offer. That is somewhat different.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cheers Croftsy... needs to be replaced, always a big loss to lose your captain. First forster leaves, then Calde, now Crofts, i just hope we hold onto Bennet, as he's the one i thought would be most wanted.
Hopefully a good replacement lined up, and NOT Hendrie (different player, and imo not that great).

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Losing Crofts isn't the end of the world, he's easily replaceable and with a decent fee we could easily buy somebody much better!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Yes. Calderon agreed to our deal verbally and then changed has mind because Southampton *might* make an offer. Crofts is under contract and it's down to us to accept an offer. That is somewhat different.

Oh had he verbally agreed?

In that case, it is different. If he had said he would consider all options, then moved, that's fine. But if he verbally agreed then well, that's a schoolboy error.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

By making a verbal agreement and then basically turning it down?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Oh had he verbally agreed?

In that case, it is different. If he had said he would consider all options, then moved, that's fine. But if he verbally agreed then well, that's a schoolboy error.

Yeah, Poyet said in the argus he agreed and then when Southampton came calling he changed his mind and asked for another week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here