Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin Dies!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
NewtownRoad said:
The bloke was certainly brave. Never forget the scene where he let the most poisonous snake in the world lick his face in the middle of a desert 2 million miles from civilisation. Great tv.

Great TV or totally pointless risk to his wife and children. :nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ray Sting Peace. :blush:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
C1 BHA said:
Great TV or totally pointless risk to his wife and children. :nono:
Neither. A man who believed in his cause. He only took the risks to get the TV coverage, to get the money, to build his Zoo, to make more money to help wildlife. The Crocodile Hunter side to him, was only a marketing tool, to raise funds for the cause he lived for. Whether many people would take the risks he took for what he believed in is doubtful, but they were far from pointless risks.

A great man, who will be sorely missed by millions.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very sad as he was a true man of the environment and cared for our planet.

RIP :angel:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What is really weird was only yesterday while watching one of his croc programs at a mates house I made the comment that one day his "luck" will run out. It was flippent comment one tends to make when you see someone far braver than yourself. We discussed it at length about his brave dealings with all types of creatures and deduced he was likely to die from a snake bite as he tended to handle them when in middle of f**k all.

How shocked I was to hear the news this morning. I'm now frightened to make predictions!

Very, very sad RIP

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
"Steve Irwin's all pretty interesting on the telly or in the movie and that, but by crikey, it's great when he gets bitten," he once told Australia's ABC television. "Now and again I do get bitten. But I haven't been killed. And it's that, you know, that sense of morbidity that people do have. There's no use sticking your head in the sand and going, 'Oh, no, they're only here because, you know, I talk well.' Nah, man, they wanna see me come unglued."

Just found this in Time magazine's website. Just about sums him up

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
desprateseagull said:
alays thought he was acting up for the cameras, though still sad news for his family.

Well of course he was acting up for the cameras! That's what you do when you've got your own TV show! :dunce:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
PILTDOWN MAN said:
What is really weird was only yesterday while watching one of his croc programs at a mates house I made the comment that one day his "luck" will run out. It was flippent comment one tends to make when you see someone far braver than yourself. We discussed it at length about his brave dealings with all types of creatures and deduced he was likely to die from a snake bite as he tended to handle them when in middle of f**k all.

How shocked I was to hear the news this morning. I'm now frightened to make predictions!

Very, very sad RIP

don't worry, it wasnt a snake bite!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
These Sting Rays are a bit dodgy to ordinary people that do not wrestle with crocs.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
:down: top guy.

Let me guess in the coming weeks we are going to have a Steve Irwin fest with quite a few of the channels showing his tv programes and his films etc and all of a sudden shops will be filled with loads of dvds about him and books etc

RIP Steve, a great entertainer and a real animal lover at the same time:angel:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Leekbrookgull said:
The world could do with a few more like him. :bowdown: Don't think we will ever see the likes again. :(

Actually there is a fair few of that kind of bloke here, it's just they don't have their own tv shows lol.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I always remember him dipping his fleeced arm into a sandy pit and pulling back a giant venomous enigma for him and us to see, it's mouth rattling with poisons. His wife, looking 8 months pregnant, had sacks in the background. The sort that held a sleepy darkness and ether for heads to be jailed. He handed the beast to his bride and around her vicinity to bag and silence.
I always thought i'm glad not to be married to his constant grasping showcase.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Meade's_Ball said:
I always remember him dipping his fleeced arm into a sandy pit and pulling back a giant venomous enigma for him and us to see, it's mouth rattling with poisons. His wife, looking 8 months pregnant, had sacks in the background. The sort that held a sleepy darkness and ether for heads to be jailed. He handed the beast to his bride and around her vicinity to bag and silence.
I always thought i'm glad not to be married to his constant grasping showcase.

Yes,I'll miss him too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Top bloke, very sad :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here