Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Criminal Justice - Quality

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was I believe the greatest ever mini series of this type I have seen, it even raised the bar above the excellent Prime Suspect and Trial and Retribution mini series. The young man in the lead was awesome and the Solicitor with the bad feet played an absolute blinder. Brilliant acting all round.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was a good serious but felt the ending was a bit disappointing. Got sent down and then quick as a flash he was out and there had been an appeal etc. All the pieces conveniently fell together with no real build up, as if they knew they were running out of their alotted time slot.

Still, worth watching.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a good serious but felt the ending was a bit disappointing. Got sent down and then quick as a flash he was out and there had been an appeal etc. All the pieces conveniently fell together with no real build up, as if they knew they were running out of their alotted time slot.

Still, worth watching.

I read it that the real murderer was given to the solicitor, said man was arrested and the evidence meant he was bang to rights and the lad did not actually have a re trial but was released with a pardon. Thats why it went from him being banged up to the next thing being let out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i normally HATE these things and dont get into them at all.......

but MY GOD. It was BRILLIANT and a great source of 'office chat' throughout the week,

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I read it that the real murderer was given to the solicitor, said man was arrested and the evidence meant he was bang to rights and the lad did not actually have a re trial but was released with a pardon. Thats why it went from him being banged up to the next thing being let out.

I read the same thing, US. The solicitor was planning to appeal against the conviction based on the incompetence of the barrister but the name of the real murderer was released before things got that far.

My only criticism of an otherwise really excellent series was the requirement to tie up rather more loose ends than necessary and thus all the prison revelations were a little far-fetched.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Like Drew, i think it was all a bit rushed at the end. The 1st 4 episodes were at a decent pace but everything was rather hurried and crammed to wrap it up in the 5th.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Great television, really hope the BBC can have a mini-series or something like this on again in the evening for a week, it really is gripping viewing.

Oh and Spooks is back in October :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a thing for you.

Murderer was on foot following victim.
Victim climbs into cab and away they go.
Murderer 'follows' victim from scene to petrol station, Brighton, then back.

Now unless he was driving The Bat Car, and able to summon it, how was he able to follow victim on foot and driving at the same time.

Loved the show, though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Here's a thing for you.

Now unless he was driving The Bat Car, and able to summon it, how was he able to follow victim on foot and driving at the same time.

Loved the show, though.

Its called fiction:bigwave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its called fiction:bigwave:

Yeah totally, but the whole thing was supposed to be 'real' and there's a blooming great big hole in it.
No wondered nobody saw it coming, because it's not possible.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Agreed -- it was brill. Though I don't think anyone would last that long in prison and still have the same haircut.

Anyway, I hereby resolve to bounce this thread every time someone whinges about the licence fee on NSC.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Here's a thing for you.

Loved the show, though.

Maybe he saw the cab she got in, his car was close by so he hopped into it , caught up with the Cab and followed them ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I assume it was the geezer at the Petrol Station filling up by their side who stamped out the cigarette butt.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Correct my Lord and it was awesome.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Here's a thing for you.

Loved the show, though.

I have been thinking about this and at first thought you were correct...........but perhaps the murderer Knew the girl (Melanie whatshername?) and knew where she lived and went back to her place to "shut her up" because remember she was witness to the murder he had just committed. She had indicated to Ben that she did not want to be alone that night probably knowing the murderer has spotted her and knew where she lived.:yahoo: am i not right or am i not right?:cool:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have been thinking about this and at first thought you were correct...........but perhaps the murderer Knew the girl (Melanie whatshername?) and knew where she lived and went back to her place to "shut her up" because remember she was witness to the murder he had just committed. She had indicated to Ben that she did not want to be alone that night probably knowing the murderer has spotted her and knew where she lived.:yahoo: am i not right or am i not right?:cool:

Sherlock :thumbsup:, that is highly feasible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here