Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Criminal Justice - Quality

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did anyone else see Criminal Justice after the Murray match on BBC1. What an absolute quality slice of TV. Great acting particularly from the main lead. With the ever great Bill Paterson and a great turn by an unkempt but very good solicitor and the young lad looking bang to rights and sent to prison where he meets Posslethwaite , quality actor it is set up nicely.

Very good indeed.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Did anyone else see Criminal Justice after the Murray match on BBC1. What an absolute quality slice of TV. Great acting particularly from the main lead. With the ever great Bill Paterson and a great turn by an unkempt but very good solicitor and the young lad looking bang to rights and sent to prison where he meets Posslethwaite , quality actor it is set up nicely.

Very good indeed.

Agreed-should make for good tv this week.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Let's hope it doesn't end in anti-climax, as many of these dram's do. Reckonit must be the strange bearded bloke (girls father?).

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think you're right Freddie...girl's father comes back from "working nightshift" (early establishment comment from the daughter), sees daughter post-coital with skinny white boy and flips.
Actually typing this it seems a rubbish denoument.
Either way it's brilliantly acted and very gripping.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another quality episode. This is the best TV this year.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another quality episode. This is the best TV this year.

This goes against the grain but on this one and only occassion and against my better judgement (and with no prompting from any anonymous source), I have to agree with Uncle Spielberg.

However, why the bastard BBC have to give a preview of tomorrow night's episode giving another angle and possible murderer beats me. I suspect the end of the week will see him found innocent and in the last scene he admits it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
However, why the bastard BBC have to give a preview of tomorrow night's episode giving another angle and possible murderer beats me. I suspect the end of the week will see him found innocent and in the last scene he admits it.

I agree totally spoils it for tomorrow, rather than encourage you to watch it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree totally spoils it for tomorrow, rather than encourage you to watch it.

I'm also loving it.
I don't think the spoilers are ruining it, they keep me thinking for the day wondering where they lead us.
There was always going to be someone else, invloved. I expect there will be another twist re b/f leading it all in another direction.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm also loving it.
I don't think the spoilers are ruining it, they keep me thinking for the day wondering where they lead us.
There was always going to be someone else, invloved. I expect there will be another twist re b/f leading it all in another direction.

I'm afraid they are spoilers and are just as bad as some film trailers that cram in all the best actions shots and when you see the film there's nothing new.

On Holby City (my wife's a nurse so we watch it), one of the main characters had a motorcycle accident and the last scene is with her motionless on the ground in her helmet and leathers. Is she going to live or die!!!!! Well, couple of seconds later in the preview of next week she is seen lying in a hospital bed so that answers that!!!

Also, how many times do lead characters leave a soap and it's no surprise as the news has been leaked by the tv company just to boost ratings. If someone kept telling you how each book ends just as you got to the middle pages you would deck them!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If someone kept telling you how each book ends just as you got to the middle pages you would deck them!!!

Fair point

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's unusual for me to get into many things on TV at all, but caught this on Monday night as I was away from home for work and in a hotel room and enjoyed it, so am sticking with it now.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I watched Monday and the last 20 mins of last night. Can someone summarise what I missed?

In particular..

Why was he riniging his mum and what is the Postlethwiate character all about..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
His mum left the court when he was forced to try the "self defence" defence by his barrister and he wanted to explain (if effect showing he did kill her), subsequently changing his defence and that barrister when off in a huff leaving the young one to carry on

Postlethwaite is a sort of a guardian in prison who "looks after" prisoners who havent a clue about being inside but doesnt really get involved, just really give advise

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
His mum left the court when he was forced to try the "self defence" defence by his barrister and he wanted to explain, subsequently changing his defence and that barrister when off in a huff leaving the young one to carry on

Thanks and Postletnwaite? Is it a simlar role as that bloke who looked after Tim Robbins in Shawshank?

Very good indeed.

good, the trailer set a good seed for the next episode, very scary for the young lad.

A scenario that must happen for lads without criminal form when they are dropped in with hardened cons!

A genuinely scary/thought provoking programme. How many people get caught up in the criminal justice web and plead guilty to a lesser charge just because they are told they are screwed? I'm sure it doesn't happen loads, but you get the feeling it's a bit of a numbers game - we've convicted 'x' no. of people and saved 'x' of taxerpayer £s - happy day!

Not sure how it's going to pan out, I've been a bit suspicous of the dad as well (facial hair - something to hide?!), but it could all be an amazing con by the main character (high stakes though). Quailty TV makes me feel slightly less bitter about paying a licence fee.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
You really feel for this lad. What a total shit that Mr Big is for trying to get the lad hooked on smack.

The lad really does look the wide eyed face of innocence. The thing is, most of us can see how he got into this mess. How many times have we got so drunk that we dont remember what we did or how we got there. Thats the scary thing

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
brilliant series- and the song right at the very end somehow made me start thinking of withdean as they always seem to play it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here