Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket - Last Day at Hove & the Oval

That's what I call top cricket reporting, El Pres:-

"Parkside were now scoring at over 4 an over and and reached 50 without much alarm. Then Haughton sent a delivery to Towns that he drove through mid wicket high and wide. The only problem was that Maguire stuck up his left arm and the ball stuck. In disbelief that the ball had stuck, Maguire then took off on the worst celebration of a catch ever seen. Three laps of the field, with arm at full stretch with players chasing him in scenes not seen since Nicky Weaver's penalty saving exploits in the play off finals. This brought in Jason Knight, fresh from his wicket-keeping, captaining, scoring and umpiring duties, the latter duty being to inform the umpire that Mr MV was taking the ball in front of the wickets. Sounded very much like sour grapes on the basis that he was a shit keeper and ours is much better. With the Knights in tandem, the game was then taken away from MV. Bowling changes took place, but all this did was to increase the scoring and increase the unlikelihood of taking wickets. Lund replaced Asad and despite bowling fairly tight, he never looked like taking a wicket. Maguire replaced Haughton, and he was soon replaced by Asad as MV strove for the breakthrough. After 4 uneventful, unprobing overs, Lund's fifth over went for 14 runs and he was taken out of the attack. A snatch of the jumper and mard lip showed Lund's frustration at being taken out of the attack, the sexual relationship between captain Adamson and vice-captain Park apparently being the reason for the bowling change. More likely the fact that Lund pissed off for two weeks and hasn't looked like taking a raft of wickets since June is a more likely reason. At this point Parkside were 118 for three and in total control, mainly thanks to the sensible batting of Jon Knight, and the slogging of his brother. Park repaid his lover's trust in him as he then trapped Jason Knight plumb in front. Knight believed there was an element of bat in it and that the appeal from MV was unjust. Well, people in glass houses and all that. Knight eventually left the field, threw his bat at the scorboard, not surprisingly hitting the cow corner section of the board and then set off for someone to talk about the poor decision. Seven laps around the outfield and 14 conversations later, he was still out plumb in front. People in glass houses and all that. The rest of the game was a bit of a non-event. Knight continued to play sensibly, hitting the ball to the boundary when it was there, and not hitting anything that wasn't there to be hit. Parker dropped a catch that cost MV a point and Parkside won with three overs to spare."

:lolol:

Even though it will upset my dear old ma in Wilmslow, I reckon I'll support your lot for the rest of the season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cheers Lord B. I suspect the match report against Wilmslow Wayfarers on the final day of the season will be highly libellous.

Two seasons ago, on the final match of the season, we needed to beat them to get promoted. There were no neutral umpires, final over was underway with Wilmslow 9 wickets down. Fourth ball of the over their number 11 snicks it to the keeper and he starts to walk off the pitch, only to be called back by the 'umpire'who states that the ball had not hit the bat. Cue scenes of tantrums not dissimilar to Trevor Francis when asked to take penalties in the play offs at the opposition end.

Revenge will be very sweet in two weeks if we go up

Aug 20, 2003
Brighton
Amazing how some people seem genuinely upset by Sussex's success.

Our good friends from up the coast have been at it now - in the words of Fulton, the Kent captain:

"They [Sussex] are not the best side," he protested, two days before Sussex thrashed Middlesex to move within a wafer-thin mint of their first title. "The team we've just beaten here are the best side [Surrey], closely followed by us at the minute. What upsets me about Sussex is that they've lost to Surrey and haven't entertained a game against them." :nono:

Sure Kent are playing well at the moment, but we have been all season. Check out the table: we have won 9 games, Kent only 5...

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
30 April 2003

Sussex v Kent
Hove
Frizzell County Championship - Division One

Sussex beat Kent by 133 runs.

4 June 2003
Kent v Sussex
Tunbridge Wells
Frizzell County Championship - Division One

Sussex beat Kent by 191 runs.

'nuff said

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Martlet said:
Gwylan, pleased to have a fellow conspirator along!

I'm not sure your airbrushing comment's entirely fair - especially as Adams (Club captain) went on record yesterday, saying how instrumental Pigott was in achieving Sussex's successes this year. It'd be good to see some sort of award to him (Honorary Vice President maybe?)

That was Adams' own opinion. What I meant was that as far as the club's concerned he seems to be a non-person. The idea of honoray vice president is a good one.

He was a loyal servant to Sussex both as a player and administrator and deserves some recognition.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'm sure there'll be room for him when "Hampssex" are formed.HAHAHAHAHAHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here