Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket - Last Day at Hove & the Oval

Issued by the Met Office at 0600 today
CSE_map0_WeatherCode.gif

Central Southern England:-
Often cloudy. Outbreaks of rain likely, mostly in the west. Breezy this afternoon. Maximum temperature 18 deg C (64 deg F).

What's "often"? What are "outbreaks"? What does "likely" mean? Suddenly these questions seem to matter.

Hove:-

Middlesex 392 & 157/5 (53 ov)
Sussex 537

Middlesex lead by 12 runs with 5 wickets remaining

SE_map0_WeatherCode.gif

South-east England:-
Often cloudy. Chance of some rain at times, chiefly in the west this afternoon. Maximum temperature 19 deg C (66 deg F).

The Oval:-

South Africa 484 & 185/6 (57.0 ov)
England 604/9d

South Africa lead by 65 runs with 4 wickets remaining

larus

If you could choose 1 win & 1 draw today, what would it be?

Me, I'd go for a win for England to draw the series and a draw for Sussex, which would still leave us in the box seat for our first title.

However, I think that Sussex & England will both win, weather permitting.:clap2:

Not sure about that, Larus.

We know that Sussex deserve to win this Championship.

The rest of the cricket world will only sit up and notice if Sussex win the championship by a mile and a half.

A victory today is a necessary step towards achieving that.

England will simply count themselves lucky if they manage to draw the test series.

Come on Sussex! Good luck England!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I couldn't give a tinkers fart about England. It's the Sussex result that matters.

Equally, I didn't care (I don't know why) about the England Macedonia result - I was more interested in the Brighton Swindon game.

And what do the weather men and women know about forecasting? Where was all that predicted rain for the weekend eh? And when I left the house in Hove it was blue skies and looking up over Southwark it still is blue skies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
England deserve to lose this series, only Flintoff has shown real passion.

Also a win for Sussex would mean we only need a maximum of ten points out of the last two matches to win the championship.

Sussex for me.

There's still the possibility that this match could deliver yet more personal milestones for our brave boys.

Mushy could reach 100 wickets for the season
Matthew Prior needs 6 more runs for his 1000 runs this season
Murray Goodwin needs 18 more runs for his 1000

Tony Cottey reached his 1000 in the first innings
Mark Davis has achieved a career best 168

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bicknell on a hatrick

Ignoring the test match for a moment ...

As long as we can get them all out for no more than 330, there's time to win this comfortably.

But a wicket or four this morning would be nice.

Jul 6, 2003
Wicket at Hove wouldn't go amiss

on a personal note no more wickets at The Oval would be nice as I have a rather substantial sum on the draw

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here