Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket- 3rd Test, Birmingham, July 26 - 30, 2024, West Indies tour of England

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cricket taking a break now till late August. Second XI cup available for those who need a fix. Back to the village thread to hear what madness has occurred in @hans kraay fan club latest outing.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Cricket taking a break now till late August. Second XI cup available for those who need a fix. Back to the village thread to hear what madness has occurred in @hans kraay fan club latest outing.
It’s completely ludicrous - particularly as by mid August the PL is back so proper cricket has more to compete with.
Just checked 1st test v Sri Lanka starts 21 Aug - peak summer period and no cricket - madness

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It’s completely ludicrous - particularly as by mid August the PL is back so proper cricket has more to compete with.
Just checked 1st test v Sri Lanka starts 21 Aug - peak summer period and no cricket - madness
All hail THE HUNDRED......just remember that this ridiculous absence of proper cricket during peak summer is solely to make space for a mad form of baseball which (apparently) the kids love. I'm all for attracting new audiences, but is this really the right way to do it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All hail THE HUNDRED......just remember that this ridiculous absence of proper cricket during peak summer is solely to make space for a mad form of baseball which (apparently) the kids love. I'm all for attracting new audiences, but is this really the right way to do it?
No.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There’s no place for it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
T20 cricket is one thing - but the Hundred? Yeugh! Am I right in thinking the rest of the cricket world outside England has said, no thanks, we're not having it? Good for them if so. May it soon be ditched here too - T20 and the 50 over game provide more than enough pyjama cricket between them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
T20 cricket is one thing - but the Hundred? Yeugh! Am I right in thinking the rest of the cricket world outside England has said, no thanks, we're not having it? Good for them if so. May it soon be ditched here too - T20 and the 50 over game provide more than enough pyjama cricket between them.
They’re already preparing for it to change to T20 format.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A comprehensive romp, no real contest and in this form no wonder franchise cricket is now where it's at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here