Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe tickets fiasco

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes sorry....

I still prefer the good old AS400...you knew where you were when they called it an AS400, nowadawys it could be a bloody playstation....i5 is the new incarnation

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stella £3.45 at the Southwark Rooms on Southwark Bridge Road...bloody scandallous:angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for the techies.... i can easily see 3 day turn around from a major crap out from the IT system. Lets assume its their database server thats died. Server craps itself and takes the whole disk array with it (it can happen), so you need a new server and your backup tapes. Top cover for a company the size of the Albion would be 24 hour to get a new box then youve got to restore the tapes and possibly enter the data input since the last full backup.

And this assumes you can get your tapes back asap, the company i deal with is sloppy at best and down right incompetent at worse.

Only the big boys can afford to have redundant hot/cold backup machines and snapshot backups for the rare occasion that there's a problem.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
beorthelm

Not strictly speaking true, but anecdotally accurate.

I work for a DR ( Disaster Recovery ) company who have a huge client base from the huge banks to small manufacturing companies and shops. Yes it is fairly expensive dependant on the service we offer, but when you are talking about critical business applications and systems, then cost becomes a relative concept

Lets say hypothetically that the Albion's machine went down at 9 am on Monday. Withing 3 hours we would have prepped a server ( or whatever) at one of our site with the image of their server taken from the last time they tested the systems. We would then assist with the install of the software and previous backups, configured the printers etc, transferred the Telephone lines to our switch and reconnected the LAN back to the offices in Brighton.

This would take somewhere in the region of around a day very possibly less in Albion's case. I do speak from experience here as this was exactly what we did for a Premiership Club whose systems went tits up.

I do not know Albions systems therefore this can only be an example, but that is basically why we are what we are.

Dave

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I had a pint of Coors yesterday for £1.60.

Nice.

I'm still larfing at the prospect of someone not travelling to na away game without ticket. To us older folk it's a pleasant throw back to their youth.

Who remembers going to Newcastle, Carlisle etc etc all without a ticket..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is me, squiggsy and his missus and Keiren going tomorrow without tickets!

:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here