Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crewe tickets fiasco

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
To have no back up for a ticketing system when most of your revenue comes from selling tickets seems a little short sighted and potentially business ruining.

And no company should be in a position where they can't sell things for 3 days. How much would 8 + 8 hardware maintenence cost. Imagine if this happened 3 weeks from the start of the season, it doesnt bear thinking about

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Mr Popkins said:
westdeneite-

you wont win on this, too many people on NSC will NEVER criticize the club!!!.

To them the sun shines out of Dick Knights arse and will re-mortgage their houses just to keep brighton in the championship!!

may I just point out to people its ALL tickets they cannot process, not just Crewe, I cannot belive its taken them 3 days to fix!!!!

"Three days to fix". What are you complaining about?

The Albion is a tin pot little company. Compare them to one of the size of the National Savings Office. Every month they update the recent winners. This month their computer crashed right in the middle of it. It took a WHOLE WEEK to put right and, then when I did get in to it, I had won bugger all.:angry:

Excuse me while I just reinsert my head up Dick Knight's arsch.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
westdeneite said:

Unfortunately one of them won't go all the way to Crewe without a guaranteed ticket.
Also agree £2 is nothing to worry about but as the fans aren't to blame why couldn't it have been waived.

It is not all ticket; I do not see what the problem is. When was the last time fans were not allowed into a non all ticket game due to too many people turning up?

The £2 extra fee is the decision of Crewe, not the Albion. Moan at them.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
fatbadger said:
Pretty much everywhere outside the south of England.

Unfortunately I don't venture outside the South of England unless I am guaranteed to get a pint for less than £2.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
Crewe.

Drink enough and people will have recouped the £2 they're whinging about.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Please do not think of me as doof M'lord but I 'm not sure what you are trying to get accross.

Surely if you drink a lot you spend money, not recoup it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Waterhall Wizard said:
Please do not think of me as doof M'lord but I 'm not sure what you are trying to get accross.

Surely if you drink a lot you spend money, not recoup it.

You would not be spending as much money as if you drunk the same amount of beer at Brighton prices.

Adams score 0

Jul 18, 2003
Rajasthan(india)
MYOB said:
Mine does. Not needed more OS maintainance than a reboot since March of 2000. I've given it maintainance its not needed, e.g. optional updates, but its never gone down unintentionally. I've replaced ALL the hardware except the network card since then, moving the OS from HDD to HDD with its diskimager

Then again, I don't use Windows.
And your a complete computer nerd.
Just read the opera thread.
Where as i am just a normal person :smokin:
You can tell your a nerd,by adding the bit about windows.
Go on then i will entertain you.
Why do you not use windows.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Have to say a computer support engineer I find it hard to understand how a computer system can be down for three or four days. We have contracts with our customers to guarantee we can get their systems up within a certain time frame designed especially for people with business dependant systems. I would hope the club has some sort of support contract for this and if not they should think about a backup system at the very least.

In the time the clubs ticket system has been down, I have got at least ten othe rbusinessses back up and running from crashes and loss of data etc but then like myob this isn't on windows.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Adams score 0 said:

For reliability and a better chance of 100% uptime never use windows. You have to periodically reboot windows machines or they just get slower and slower. They crash a lot more often.

Windows is fine for home users and end users but nobody in their right mind should run a business on a windows machine not if you need the system to be up at any given time.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
fatboy said:
I'd love to know where you can get a pint for £2.

I think you'll find you can get a pint of proper beer in The Station at Preston Park for under £2. They always charge me £1.90ish for a pint of Courage Best.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Knowing what has happened in the ticket office department lately, I do hope you didn't have a go at whoever was on the other end of the phone.

At the end of the day the computer was not sabotaged was it?

It didn't decide to break down just to spite you!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course if the Albion lashed out on an IBM AS400 they would have 100% availibilty 100% of the time

:angel: :angel: :angel:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Mr Popkins said:
westdeneite-

you wont win on this, too many people on NSC will NEVER criticize the club!!!.

To them the sun shines out of Dick Knights arse and will re-mortgage their houses just to keep brighton in the championship!!

may I just point out to people its ALL tickets they cannot process, not just Crewe, I cannot belive its taken them 3 days to fix!!!!
this is what i can't believe i know everyone has techi problems but its been down since tues morning !

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The only reason for a three day downtime would be if they had no backup and had to enter in the details manually. Otherwise I cannot understand why its down for so long unless they are taking the opportunity to upgrade the systems at the same time.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
fatboy said:
Unfortunately I don't venture outside the South of England unless I am guaranteed to get a pint for less than £2.

My local sells Harvey's for £2 a pint. Down here in Exeter £2 is an expensive pint, the more usual price is £1.40 or something stupid like that:clap2:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Adams score 0 said:

Hey! I don't use Windows and I'm not a nerd. I use the only OS MYOB seems to hate more, Mac OS X.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here