Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit Cards or Loans taken out before April 2007 ?.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In my case I could because I scan and shread every letter statement etc that I receive and write, except obviously junk mail, and save then to individual CDs then at the end of each year put all the CDs on 1 dvd.

Out of interest, why ?

I can't see the point of keeping all my financial records, what if they were stolen (the DVDs) ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simply because it is easier to store on a cd than as most people do in the paper form in a box file. I always have them to refer back to when a query has arisen, which has happened, and this is an example of how it can be of use for the very little time and effort involved.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For those still interested in this I give below a link to the report on Panorama , watch the first 9 minutes. If you want me to help you with this PM me , if not fine. Its up to the individual person if they feel they want to or not and I am not going to debate the rights or wrongs of it. I can explain the process and what needs to be done next.

BBC News Player - Panorama: Can't Pay, Won't Pay

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
For those still interested in this I give below a link to the report on Panorama , watch the first 9 minutes. If you want me to help you with this PM me , if not fine. Its up to the individual person if they feel they want to or not and I am not going to debate the rights or wrongs of it. I can explain the process and what needs to be done next.

BBC News Player - Panorama: Can't Pay, Won't Pay

Not just the first 9 minutes!! Also watch from 27mins 28 secs in- the Rankins won £100k but owe the same in legal costs!!

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
Not just the first 9 minutes!! Also watch from 27mins 28 secs in- the Rankins won £100k but owe the same in legal costs!!

Please, if your'e going to post on something on a subject so important that can really benefit people DO NOT MISLEAD THEM! I would guess that if the subject people in the film incurred any costs was purely because they fought the banks on their own rather than use a company that practices this on a day to day basis. I am activelly doing many UCA's for my clients and there are NO LEGAL COSTS to them whatsoever! This is clearly stated in the Terms of Business that we provide our clients at the outset. So far our provider claims that 94%of their cases DO NOT COMPLY with the consumer Credit Act and therefore we have many clients now in the process of getting the debts written off. As these solicitors are doing this on a no win no fee basis I would assume that they are confident that they will win!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I had a five year loan which was due to end this month ,but after ringing them im told that they owe me money,so i have just recieved a £1500 credit back into my account:drink:

how very strange but bloody good:D

Carlito's

Mar 22, 2009
So how does this work? all my credit cards and loans were taken out before April 2007, i was on IVA (Involtary Volutary Arrangement) and this started on 2005 but on 2007 this fail due to falling back on payments i realised entering onto this IVA has blacklisted my name i cant get credit or even have a proper account i only have cash card, anyway my total debt was 29k after falling this IVA they referred to a diffferent debt regardless i was still willing to make payments to this company anyway they were no help at tall after payment stop, 2months later i received a total debt just under 50k i called them fidn out hoe can this be possible they told me companies have been adding interest, so i went on to a different company that they have been sorting this out for me as an IPP (informal Pay) which the payments are less has i will never come out of this debt its an estimate of 18 years has an IVA is 5years and they write off 75% of the debt and you debt free after this, can i still go ahead with this scheme credit taken out before April 2007, i fell i have been dogde with all this companies and have spend hell of a lot money with this and rather the debt go own went up ridicolus?
any suggestions?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For everyone who has expressed an interest.

The procedure is to make a claim.

I will will do all the paperwork.

The company,contact the credit card or loan company and ask for them to provide a copy of the agreememt.

This costs £ 10 which the lender charges to provide this. They have 60 days to reply. At the outset the charge is £ 395 per credit agreement which you can pay on a credit card or debit card.

If after 60 days after the studying the credit agreement ( if they can provide a copy ) the legal team report if you have a valid claim. If you do not you get the £ 395 back.

At the moment around 70% of applications have a valid claim.

If you have a valid claim the legal team write and try and get the debt written off. This takes up to 6 months.

They are starting to get many credit agreement write offs each days now as this process only started about 6-9 months ago.

If you want me to apply on your behalf please PM me.

The company are receiving around 300 applications a day.

I saw one of my clients today and he had been called by a rival firm last week so this is going to be a big growth area. It is sad to say the boom industries in this country this year are Debt Management Companies and Unfair Credit Agreement Companies. Sad but true.

I am just putting the information out there to my client bank and leaving it up to them if they want to make a claim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here