Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit Cards or Loans taken out before April 2007 ?.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
You've hit a low here US. Had some respect for you and your industry up to now (some IFAs not recommending from whole of market aside!). Even felt sorry for your plight in this recession.

But what you are doing is worse than ambulance chasing personal injury lawyers!

What a pathetic way to make money (and the rest of us who play by the rules will suffer in the future!).

There must be a good pyramid selling scam you could promote next!

Very, very sad!

Sanctimonious bullshit!!

The banking system has been ripping us all off for f***ing years - the interest rate on my Barclaycard is currently 27.4% when rates have been low for ages and are now approaching zero per cent!!

Grab as much back as you can from the greedy bastards is what I say - and if you cant do it via this scheme theres always the sawn-off and balaclava!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Smacks of UK oh nothing is my fault this so I'll shift the responsibility.

Amazingly these people did chose to take the loan however now accept no responsibility for their actions.

Reminds me of Gervais and his sketch about fat people who eat and then complain by eating loads they get fat.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok guys, the info is out there. If you interested you will look into it and if your not you won't. Best to leave it at that.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Ok guys, the info is out there. If you interested you will look into it and if your not you won't. Best to leave it at that.

I'm sorry US, its just you've hit on a raw nerve for me and some others. Loan reclaimers, personal injury lawyers and long term sick (that arent) freeloaders- the "something for nothing" culture of many in this country makes me sick.

Some less informed posters on here have tried to argue that its in some way getting the banks back. If only it were. You well know it is us bank customers who will suffer, just as we do when our insurance premiums go up when some toe rag lawyer claims for a chipped finger nail after his client has a car accident, or our taxes go up because we are supporting the Jeremy Kyle watching spongers.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Smacks of UK oh nothing is my fault this so I'll shift the responsibility.

Amazingly these people did chose to take the loan however now accept no responsibility for their actions.

Reminds me of Gervais and his sketch about fat people who eat and then complain by eating loads they get fat.

Hallo!!!!!!!!!

Are these the same bankers/ banking system that that we've just bailed out to the tune of tens of billions of pounds that you feel we owe some sort of allegiance or respect or contractual liability too??!!

Forget about it!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm sorry US, its just you've hit on a raw nerve for me and some others. Loan reclaimers, personal injury lawyers and long term sick (that arent) freeloaders- the "something for nothing" culture of many in this country makes me sick.

Some less informed posters on here have tried to argue that its in some way getting the banks back. If only it were. You well know it is us bank customers who will suffer, just as we do when our insurance premiums go up when some toe rag lawyer claims for a chipped finger nail after his client has a car accident, or our taxes go up because we are supporting the Jeremy Kyle watching spongers.

I take your point and respect your view. I am in a position of kowing this and know that it will be big this year. I have hundreds of clients and also know they will find out about this or be approached. They may be thinking, why didn't Gareth tell us about this. If they go with someone else I will have lost them as a client and they are as rare of Rocking Horse shit at the moment. I believe it is my duty to inform them of the information and leave it up to them whether they wish to pursue it or not.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not at the moment.

That suggests you think it might?!

So every mortgagor in the country may be able to reclaim their mortgage if the loan reclaim sticks which would create the credit crunch to beat all credit crunches. The run on Northern Rock a thousand fold! I would retrain as an insolvency practitioner now if I were you!

Cancel the Isle of Wight dear. We are off to the Seychelles!!

Do you reckon the Albion might get our Falmer loan back too?!

Dear oh dear!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it goes to mortgages I will not get involved in that. It would be hypocritical. I am talking about credit cards and unsecured loans.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are in extraordinary time but Banks cannot expect loyalty or respect from the public at the moment. They have taken the £ 37 000 000 000 of tax payers money and injected NONE of it into the economy by way of loans and mortgages for individuals or companies.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble is the finance industry f***ed up endowments and then got regulated and have now f***ed up loans.

Still I am sure we will get an apology at the next government committee

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Trouble is the finance industry f***ed up endowments and then got regulated and have now f***ed up loans.

Still I am sure we will get an apology at the next government committee

Mmmmmm. US- be careful!! The banks could hold you and your industry partially culpable if they are going down!! Contributory negligence its called!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can't be bothered to read all the posts, but anyone getting something from the banks is OK by me.

Not bothered if people lose free banking.....why should you get it free at the expense of people who are worse off due to exhorbitant bank charges.

Not bothered about "pensions"..they only increased due to excess profiteering in the past by banks.....paid for by exhorbitant overcharging.Nobody complained then about the "fab" pensions they,d get.

Not bothered if it reduces their profits.......less for the idiots who get the exhorbitant bonuses.

All in all.......bankers are wankers, that sit on their fat arses , pushing pens, eating expensive lunches, going on "bonding" courses......and generally taking the piss out of the working class........those people who actually WORK for a living.

Last edited:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Martin Lewis (Money Saving Expert) backs this fully, and is encouraging people to proceed with the reclaims. If it upsets you on a moral level then don't proceed. But there are millions of people who follow MSE, and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be thousands of people in the UK going through the process in the near future

The damage to the economy will be done anyway, it's just up to all of us now whether we are going to be one of them or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
there are millions of people who follow MSE, and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be thousands of people in the UK going through the process in the near future

Especially the elderly and those with bad credit ratings who wouldnt either want or qualify for credit in any case. Good luck to anybody who can legally beat a bank or insurance company.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a legitimate thing that will be going on this year. Much like the stated " supposed " mis sold endowment when EVERYONE did a blanket claim saying the endowment had been mis sold when the investments went wrong. They even had a template on the FSA website complaining about mis selling. Now I apologise for being cynical but are you telling me every person was mis sold. Er, no , 90% probably knew exactly was the risks and rewards were and were told by the advisor and in the literature and when it went wrong it was someone else's fault.

Its done to the individual and their stance as to whether they would want to claim but it is something important I would be mad not to explain to my clients especially as they would definately be approched by a rival and I could lose them.

The has become a dog eat dog environment now, for me and for many people out there.

Do I have sympathy for the banks, crdit card and loan companies that showered people with offers of credit for years on end and threw the money about, not much.

There recklessness in the USA sub prime markets ahs cost this country billions and billions of pounds. As someone said bank base rate is 1% now but credit cards have risen to around 27% pa. Hows that then ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here