[Albion] Crawley

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No it’s not?

Crawley is exclusively in West Sussex
Horley is in Surrey
I quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica:

Crawley, district (borough) and town, administrative county of West Sussex, southern England. Most of the borough belongs to the historic county of Sussex, but its northern portion is within the historic county of Surrey.

Tuesday's away crowd was Crawley's fourth-highest away attendance ever. The third-highest was Goldstone '92 (third and second, respectively, if you don't count neutral venues like Wembley)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Crawley, district (borough) and town, administrative county of West Sussex, southern England. Most of the borough belongs to the historic county of Sussex, but its northern portion is within the historic county of Surrey.
It’s not correct sadly

Red line depicts the boundary (north of Gatwick)

The boundary is slightly lower to the east (east of the M23) but Shipley Bridge / Burstow are independent of Crawley

IMG_4228.jpeg

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It’s not correct sadly

Red line depicts the boundary (north of Gatwick)

The boundary is slightly lower to the east (east of the M23) but Shipley Bridge / Burstow are independent of Crawley

View attachment 188081
That won't be the historic boundary, a small part of Surrey and large part of East Sussex were moved to West Sussex at some point in the 70s-ish

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s not, Gatwick is exclusively in West Sussex, Charlwood and Hookwood to the north of Gatwick is the other side of the county line.

It was previously registered in Surrey but it’s been wet Sussex since the mid 70’s as part of the expansion
Haha! Did you not read my post. I stated that Gatwick is part of the historic county of Surrey which it still is. You are talking about council boundaries. In much the same way the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells is in the administrative county of Kent but are still part of the historic county of Sussex.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Buy up Crawley's two best player and stick them in the u15s , then on cleaning the players cars.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Gatwick was in Surrey, Crawley Bourough was expanded to take in Gatwick. Crawley didn't include Gatwick when Gatwick was Surrey.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Haha! Did you not read my post. I stated that Gatwick is part of the historic county of Surrey which it still is. You are talking about council boundaries. In much the same way the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells is in the administrative county of Kent but are still part of the historic county of Sussex.
I did, and agree historically it was within Surrey

It wasn’t just a change of council boundaries the county borders changes in 72, but Horley and Charlwood argued against the act they were reinstated to Surrey (mole valley and Reigate and Banstead) but the airport move to West Sussex on a county boundary basis, as it remains today

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A previous thread on Cinderellas/Stroods/Dance Factory.

A little Thursday evening quiz for you - a Brighton player and a Crawley player who both started on Tuesday will be part of the same squad next week - name our player at least if the Crawley one is beyond you

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Yep
I remember going.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So Lancing College is great and all the working class bits of Sussex are shitholes. I don't know what the banter is meant to be here but it all looks a bit Hyacinth Bouquet to me
Oh give it a rest.

It was an arguably comical dig at a town that had just acted like idiots in a football match and is jokingly referred to as a bit of a dive.

This is a football forum comprised mainly of middle aged - elderly men and women. Do we really need to be acting like millenial snowflakes.

Get a grip. Some places are a bit run down and uninspiring and sometimes people have a bit of a lighthearted dig at them.

Jesus wept. What has this board become!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A little Thursday evening quiz for you - a Brighton player and a Crawley player who both started on Tuesday will be part of the same squad next week - name our player at least if the Crawley one is beneath you
Tidied that up for you 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here