Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
some of the comments from Crawley fans on the BBC, and twatter just reinforce the view that they are a scummy fan base, they seem very pleased that they injured our players. All teams (us included) have a few idiots, but Crawley seem to have got far more than their fair share

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hope so. Interesting to see the Crawley manager have a go at the other thug that actually did get sent off as he walked past him and down the tunnel
The **** that got the red, is the same **** who went through the back of Yalcouye in the Trophy game last week.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
100% on the referee. If he stamps his authority on the game early doors a lot of what we’ve seen tonight gets nipped in the bud.

Was like watching a weak European referee with his OTT mannerisms and use of the whistle. Very, very poor and miles out of his depth.
In his defence he gave the fastest yellow cards I’ve ever seen at a game. It’s like he’d blown at the same time as reaching for the card and flung it out within 0.5 seconds of the whistle. American isn’t he?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I too was politely pleased when they got promoted last season. Mainly because my mate got himself a job on their coaching staff.
After that display of stupid aggression and their tinpot bellend of a manager, I wish them nothing but the worst. Piss off back to non league.
As for their two bob fans, it was like listening to 2000 Dougies.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Am absolutely gutted for MOR as thought he looked really bright before he got Williams’d. Hope some sort of retrospective action against him is possible and everything crossed that this is not a career effecting injury.
lol at Scott Lindsay stomping around the pitch like an angry housewife at full time..tool.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lindsey apologised for Williams' tackle after full-time.

"Maybe we were a bit aggressive, maybe the referee missed it and I would like to apologise," he said.

"I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt. We are both passionate about the game and we wish Brighton all the best in the next round."

Both managers were carded …missed that bit

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I, on the other hand, have always found them unbearable. Only MK Dongs have a weirder fanbase.

I’d love to agree but I’ve genuinely never had an interaction with a Crawley fan to gauge them on.

Never met one, never bumped in to one in a boozer, f*ck it - I don’t think I’ve ever seen one pop up on social media. I went to watch Swindon play at Crawley with a Swindon supporting mate a few years ango and I didn’t even meet any Crawley fans around town then ffs.

If O’Riley turns out to be not too badly injured then by this time next week they’ll be back alongside Swindon Supermarine or Blyth Spartans in entirely inconsequential nobodies in the footballing landscape.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Williams targeted O`Riley , even laughed at his work , a nonentity already punching above his weight both in skill and brains.

Lindsey`s apology was for how blatant his thugs were , not for any real concern for our players .

Sadly i had been reading their site in the build up , `Hatred ` was an alarming and frequent word used .

Apparently we are a `Entitled ` club from `the seaweed coast` , `i hope this match isn`t subject to VAR`.......

Agree with above , NO loans , No subsidies (pitch) ....lose our phone number .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’d love to agree but I’ve genuinely never had an interaction with a Crawley fan to gauge them on.

Never met one, never bumped in to one in a boozer, f*ck it - I don’t think I’ve ever seen one pop up on social media. I went to watch Swindon play at Crawley with a Swindon supporting mate a few years ango and I didn’t even meet any Crawley fans around town then ffs.

If O’Riley turns out to be not too badly injured then by this time next week they’ll be back alongside Swindon Supermarine or Blyth Spartans in entirely inconsequential nobodies in the footballing landscape.
They’re on social media if you look. One of them claimed neither horror tackle was a red.

Also plenty on our train to Falmer. And train queue home.

And there are a couple of fanbois on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Purely by chance - an
In fairness, taking out those two horrific tackles, Crawley played well overall, scoreline probably didn't do them justice.
Absolutely.

Although we made 11 changes, we fielded seven full internationals, including several players who cost many more times what Crawley have spent on all transfers in their entire history.

They played some good stuff, worked our defence and created decent chances. They should have scored at least one goal.

Ordinarily, we'd be full of praise and respect for them, wish them well and would, maybe, keep a look out for their results from now on.

But, no, f*** them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here