Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley v Stoke

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Quarter round plum draw for the Albion, to play Crawley.
Worse possible draw to play the hoofers of Stoke.

Come on Crawley

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
IF we pulled off a miracle and beat Liverpool, I would be truly gutted to draw either Crawley or Stoke in the next round

I don't think it would be a miracle. And I am pretty certain we would loose against both teams.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
They keep apologising on ESPN as they can hear Steve Evans constantly swearing at his players from the dugout

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
loving Stoke today - gave the foul-mouth from up county a one man start and still beating his side comfortably

Football's answer to Derek Chisora - I see Evans had another run-in with an opposition player at half time and his swearing is louder than the support from their plastic fans. No class at all. I wouldn't give Crawley the time of day all the time Evans is there

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
So you think we can beat Liverpool, but would lose to Crawley ????

In a strange way, yes. The game against Liverpool earlier in the season was close. And there is now doubt Crawley would be a very tough game and I think them wanting it more then us would probably just get them the win. And I hope if we play them next season I get proved wrong.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In a strange way, yes. The game against Liverpool earlier in the season was close. And there is now doubt Crawley would be a very tough game and I think them wanting it more then us would probably just get them the win. And I hope if we play them next season I get proved wrong.

I don't think our game v liverpool in the league cup was as close as it appeared. They scored early, and were comfortable. We then had a lot of possession, but didn't really threaten their goal, they cut through us with ease for a second. We got a late penalty, which was pretty much our only shot on goal, (I don't remember the other two shots on goal particularly troubling reina). They sat back and let us play it around, which we did well, but we didn't really threaten them.

Though, I agree Crawley would have been a tougher prospect. This season and last saw us struggle v teams in divisions below us, yet really step up against the teams in higher divisions (compare FC united, Woking, Gillingham and Wrexham to Portsmouth, Watford, Sunderland and Newcastle).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That was rather stupid of me. But when criticising peoples spelling, remember to use capital letters and full stops.

and apostrophes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think our game v liverpool in the league cup was as close as it appeared. They scored early, and were comfortable. We then had a lot of possession, but didn't really threaten their goal, they cut through us with ease for a second. We got a late penalty, which was pretty much our only shot on goal, (I don't remember the other two shots on goal particularly troubling reina). They sat back and let us play it around, which we did well, but we didn't really threaten them.

Macca should have scored and Noone hit the post. Bellamy hit the post for them and Suarez missed one.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I'm sure we would have leant them the Amex for the afternoon, just to show them a proper ground.

My comment wasn't intended as a dig at Crawley, although I have previously stated my intense dislike of that club, but I thought that their ground held more than 4200.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here