Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley v Brighton U21 EFL Trophy

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Saw the game but not the penalty shootout.

A draw against a League One team is always a good result to any U21 team. The extra experience and muscle those opponents bring counts for a lot and more than compensates for the U21 players being more talented and better technically schooled.

Some Brighton U21 players aren't quite League One level, understandably. Almost all of them look like a good loan for League Two though but as @AZ Gull said, the U21 needs some players, so needs to be some balance to it.

Thought Jacob Vickers, Yalcouye and Peupion were the best performers, with another few also well up for it. Cozier-Duberry was poor, maybe with his mind on his loan deal and "real" football, Jensen Weir 100% looks like a central defender rather than a midfielder to me and the goalie didn't have his best day (I hope).

Not going to say much about the performance of 16-17-year-olds - isn't fair - but Howell looked tidy once again. Am I correct in thinking he'd be the youngest ever Albion player if he gets any game time against Crawley in the Cabbage Cup next week?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not going to say much about the performance of 16-17-year-olds - isn't fair - but Howell looked tidy once again. Am I correct in thinking he'd be the youngest ever Albion player if he gets any game time against Crawley in the Cabbage Cup next week?
No. Jake Forster Caskey made his debut on the final day of the 2009/10 League One season, at the age of 16 years and 13 days.

Howell would be 100 days or so older.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
No. Jake Forster Caskey made his debut on the final day of the 2009/10 League One season, at the age of 16 years and 13 days.

Howell would be 100 days or so older.
Ah, ok - had a vague memory of the old recording being 16 years 100-ish days.

16 years and 13 days.. borderline unbeatable I'd say.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a good manager Crawley have in Scott Lindsey. A big turnover in players, going in to a higher level and yet patterns of play already slick. Too much for the ‘kids’ and hopefully proved to FH that a strong team needs to be put out next week.
Exactly this.

If we put out an u23 team, Crawley are good enough to beat us. A proper team please. We can win a trophy this season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah, ok - had a vague memory of the old recording being 16 years 100-ish days.

16 years and 13 days.. borderline unbeatable I'd say.
Certainly unlikely while we are playing at this level.

The youngest Albion GOALSCORER is still there for Howell to break. That is currently Jake Robinson, who netted against Forest Green in 2003, at the age of 16 years and 355 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here