Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley v Brighton U21 EFL Trophy

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
A point on the board is one more than I expected, enjoyable game and yes I think Crawley deserved the 2 points.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not too many bright spots there IMO. Not going to single anyone out for individual criticism, but a few disappointing showings.

Comfortably the stand out plusses were the two 16 year olds. Thank goodness they (and Silsbey) all signed their deals. Howell especially looks a great prospect.

Not at all sure where we are with Yalcouye. Needs a loan, but unsure what level. He’s not going to be near our first team for a while (and if he does play, he’s definitely not taking any penalties!)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not too many bright spots there IMO. Not going to single anyone out for individual criticism, but a few disappointing showings.

Comfortably the stand out plusses were the two 16 year olds. Thank goodness they (and Silsbey) all signed their deals. Howell especially looks a great prospect.

Not at all sure where we are with Yalcouye. Needs a loan, but unsure what level. He’s not going to be near our first team for a while (and if he does play, he’s definitely not taking any penalties!)

Championship or top flight in Europe would be good. Weren't St Pauli linked? Sheffiled Weds too

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would be pretty surprised if Duffus got a loan this season - we do need SOME players for U-21 matches!
It hasn't stopped us playing a very young team in PL2 recently!

Last season we had pretty much a whole very good U21 side out on loan. Yes, I know it's all about development, not PL2 position, but we could, if we'd prioritised doing so, put out a much stronger PL2 team than we did.
I appreciate the club taking that line with PL2, but I think we could/should sprinkle a few big dogs into the Paint Pot Trophy and go for winning it, bugger the development!

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Good game, just got home. Crawley much the better side with most of their starters rested and a first start for their young loan keeper. Crawley play great passing football, started this season like they finished last, in spite of losing 8 of the players that started the play off final in May. A nice warm up for next Tuesday, and I got to chat with Fabien Hurzeler too, who was there until around the 80th minute,

Crawley use this competition as a development exercise so it would be a bit sad if we took it more seriously than that, it’s about testing players. Results genuinely don’t matter. A 2-2 draw was actually a good result compared to what was a slightly disappointing performance. I thought Peupion and Yalcouye looked the most up for it, the midfield never quite got to grips with Crawley’s passing game and didn’t get enough going themselves.

Sets up next Tuesday nicely. Doubt we’ll see any of these U21s on show then given our strong squad options tho I wouldn’t mind Yalcouye getting another go. I reckon 4 of the Crawley starting team will start next Tuesday. Credit to Scott Lindsey who will be managing in the Championship before too long when he moves on from Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here