Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley v Brighton and Hove Albion *OFFICIAL* Match Thread.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
if crawley hold on will this be the 1st time they have beat us

Friendlys maybe (not forgetting Albion Reserves losing in past Sussex Senior Cup matches) but they have still not beaten us in a proper full first team competitive match the FA Cup 1992 when Albion thrashed the Reds 5-0. So not too upset will just avoid wearing Albion shirt for about a month in town and then it will be forgotten.

Last edited:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Friendlys maybe (not forgetting Albion Reserves losing in past Sussex Senior Cup matches) but they have still not beaten us in a proper full first team competitive match the FA Cup 1992 when Albion thrashed the Reds 5-0. So not too upset will just avoid wearing Albion shirt for about a month in town and then it will be forgotten.

I was in the North Stand for that one...

Yeah...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It may not matter but it's pretty disappointing that we seem to have been average to shit in all the pre-seasons so far :shrug:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It may not matter but it's pretty disappointing that we seem to have been average to shit in all the pre-seasons so far :shrug:

I'm not to fussed, but Crawley are a very good Conference side and are a tough team to beat at home. When we normally play them they're always up for a scrap, so drawing isn't such a bad result but I'm concerned about midocre performances.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As Mickey would say, Keep the Faith

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poor performance from us tonight I thought. Tunnicliffe throw is immense, Dicker looked good and Dickinson for a man who is 6ft 4in tall was very poor in the air. Wasnt impressed with any of the other new faces on show, although Smith didnt have a lot to do and his kicking was far better than Kuipers except for 1 miskick.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Albion are taking a look at Greek-American left-back Andreas Cronis in tonight's friendly at Crawley.

Cronis is with AEK Athens, who want to send him out on loan.

Definitely Albion MoM tonight. Fought for absolutely everything and would make a class addition to the squad. IMHO, like.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We look like a team that hasn't gelled yet, but then that's not surprising. And, once again, we faced a side that were really up for the chance to beat League opposition - they celebrated the goal like it was a play-off match. No need to panic. Of the new signings, we'd certainly hope to see a bit more from Dickinson though in particular - didn't really impose himself much for such a giant. Thought the 22 who came on towards the end made a very good impression (Jamie Smith?) - shame he's only about the same size as Coxy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Definitely Albion MoM tonight. Fought for absolutely everything and would make a class addition to the squad. IMHO, like.

Just shows how opinions vary as I thought that he was awful just chasing around like a headless chicken and not a patch on the one who we let go Sam Rents. Would hope that we do not have to see him in the stripes again.

MOM was undoubtedly Crawley No 10 Piennar.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't say I rated Cronis that much either. He was okay, but his size definitely counts against him and I thought one or two of the better tackles only came about because he lost his man in the first place.

Mind you, some people around me were raving about him. Always hard to judge. For instance, at one point he hit a lofted pass on the halfway line from left back to Whingy, which got a round of applause from the fans. But I reckon a lot of coaches would go mental at seeing that - such a risky ball, when he had options up the line, or even just to take the simple route for the centre halves to move the ball on.

Still, it's all about opinions.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
That Greek left back did play pretty well........when he wasn't caught completely out of position on more than one occasion. Some nice tackling/tracking back but if you get caught out like he did tonight, you are going to get punished by the better teams.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What was the attendance ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Back from the game and I was quite impressed with the Albion. Although we didn't win there wasn't the panic play we so often saw last year.
Very impressed with Chronis - hope we can sign him. Thought Spiller and Navarro had good games and they woud be worthwhile additions if we sign. Dickinson is big and looked OK. Murray still looks a bit short of fitness. Didn't see enough of Wright but he looked keen to get on the ball. Forster had a couple of snap shots when he should really have passed - again he looks short of fitness but this was his first game. Davies didn't look as if he was at the races - looks woefully short of confidence even this early on. I don't know if we've any pre season matches coming up against weaker opposition or is it just Torquay and Scunthorpe left but I really would like him to get a goal or two and see if that does his confidence any good. Coxy had a good game.
I thought we looked OK - nothing too wonderful to write home about but it's early days still and another couple of weeks before the season kicks off should see us coming good at the right time.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I popped along today, was an energetic game and Crawley were good opponents, however I think there were more Albion than Crawley there tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here