Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town

I have always taken the view to wish all

clubs well in Sussex as it will help the Albion
on a number of accounts.

Playing meaningful & better opposition for pre season friendlies.

To loan out fringe players to local clubs who are playing at a higher level.

For the Sussex clubs to act as a feeder club to the Albion

For Sussex to become known as a football hotbed & not just a place for players to retire too!

To create more of a footie buzz in the county.

And yes because the likes of Crawley, Eastbourne, Lewes & all are in Sussex. After all we all support the same cricket club!

No, seriously, why would any Brighton fan (unless they live in Crawley) support Crawley?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And yes because the likes of Crawley, Eastbourne, Lewes & all are in Sussex. After all we all support the same cricket club!

Leeds, Sheff Weds, Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough supporters will follow Yorkshire - do you think you'd hear much talk of them supporting each other's football teams on their websites?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am glad for them as a Sussex club and because my step-dad (for want of a better term) is a season ticket holder. However unless they are playing Brighton I would not bother going to watch them. I also agree with an earlier poster that it is worrying the money they have spent considering low gates. They obviously want to try to get in the league before our move to Falmer but IF we go up they will struggle to convince fans to go to there little ground to watch League Two football rather than going to The Amex to watch Championship football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Crawley are managed by a disgrace of a man in Steve Evans;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Evans_(footballer_born_1962)

They've also tried to brand themselves like ManUtd, check out their badge etc.
crawley_town_logo_150x180.jpg

They are really nothing to be proud of, Sussex or otherwise!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Don't they still have the requirement of a 6000 capacity to get into the football league?

It was reduced a few seasons ago, can't remember when exactly. It's a minimum 4,000 capacity (500 seated) to get into the league. The capacity has to be increased to 5,000 (with 1,000 seated) by the end of the first season in the league, and 5,000 capacity with 2,000 seated after 3 seasons. I think Barnet are the only club currently in the league who didn't meet the old capacity requirements.

You can read the full Football League ground requirements here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They took 700 to Wimbledon, and 70 to Rushden. That's all I know, as my Spurs mate follows Crawley too.

Officially they took 499 to Wimbledon. One of my mates is a massive Wimbledon fan and went to that one.

Crawley are managed by a disgrace of a man in Steve Evans
This is also true. He makes Harry Redknapp look straight and he also lacks any grace whatsoever.

Apparently some Wimbledon fans took the piss out him the other night and he shouted back at them "IF YOUR LOT FINISH ABOVE US, I'LL EAT MY OWN COCK!".

Crawley are being bankrolled by shady Hong Kong based money, and apparently some of their fans hate Albion. ??? You've got to admire their brass though. Their plan is to turn into a league club with gates of 15-20,000 by 2020. Big laughs.

Last edited:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
and apparently some of their fans hate Albion. ??? You've got to admire their brass though. Their plan is to turn into a league club with gates of 15-20,000 by 2020. Big laughs.

Why do they HATE the Albion? We could not give a f*** about them! As for 15-20k crowds in just 10 years? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Why does anyone care about Crawley? Its a horrid place, just because they are in Sussex!

Its like a Man Utd fan going to support Man City or Norwich supporting Ipswich... Get your priorities right people!!!!

Well said that............ pig !!! It'll all end in tears, see they've started off-loading players on loan already because they're not getting a game. :albion1:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Why does anyone care about Crawley? Its a horrid place, just because they are in Sussex!

Its like a Man Utd fan going to support Man City or Norwich supporting Ipswich... Get your priorities right people!!!!

Well I'm from West Sussex so its the closest my county have got a football league team, therefore they get my support. Brighton are number 1 though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crawley is also full of chav twats.
Which is pretty much what I just said. :thumbsup:

Actually as I've said before, Crawley gets unfairly bad press on here from some of the sneering Brighton types. At least it has industry, it's pulling down it's shittest 1960s buildings and replacing them with nice buildings, it has one of the handful of Olympic sized swimming pools in this country, it has no traffic problems etc. Far nicer than some of the armpits on the Sussex coast, IMO.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I've been to see them 3 times in all the 35 years I've been back in Sussex, but could not feel any form of attraction towards them, even though they're only 10 miles from me. I'm attending a course on Saturday at the Pavilion, but if I wasn't I would rather make the trip up to Tranmere than watch Crawley.

The only time I got excited was when they beat Northampton 4-2 in the FA Cup, but then I took a mate from Kettering along, who was delighted to see them turn Northampton over. I supported them against Weymouth on the Falmer action day, but that was because they had a number of ex-Albion players playing for them, including Danny Marney, who I hoped could work his way back into the Albion side.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I've been to see them 3 times in all the 35 years I've been back in Sussex, but could not feel any form of attraction towards them, even though they're only 10 miles from me. I'm attending a course on Saturday at the Pavilion, but if I wasn't I would rather make the trip up to Tranmere than watch Crawley.

The only time I got excited was when they beat Northampton 4-2 in the FA Cup, but then I took a mate from Kettering along, who was delighted to see them turn Northampton over. I supported them against Weymouth on the Falmer action day, but that was because they had a number of ex-Albion players playing for them, including Danny Marney, who I hoped could work his way back into the Albion side.

I have seen them 3 times also, each time they were playing Brighton! :albion2:

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Which is pretty much what I just said. :thumbsup:

Actually as I've said before, Crawley gets unfairly bad press on here from some of the sneering Brighton types. At least it has industry, it's pulling down it's shittest 1960s buildings and replacing them with nice buildings, it has one of the handful of Olympic sized swimming pools in this country, it has no traffic problems etc. Far nicer than some of the armpits on the Sussex coast, IMO.

Haha, also they have a fantastic shop that sells trainers at cheaper than normal prices not sure if they do now, but that was the only thing I found useful when I visted el Crawlio.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Haha, also they have a fantastic shop that sells trainers at cheaper than normal prices not sure if they do now, but that was the only thing I found useful when I visted el Crawlio.
Still there, it's called Sports Direct. :thumbsup:

And there's loads of useful places in Crawley. Took my son to Laser Hub there last weekend for his birthday treat. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here