Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town Promoted!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Now they don't have that manager I can vaguely hope they scrape by in L1. Think is their level all the time the money lasts, hope stay in the league but a division down if the money disapears.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Crawley town

Why the heck do we have so many congrats to Crawley threads. They sure as hell don't like us.

There another tin pot club having a flirt with league football. Be non-league again soon enough. A la Macclesfield etc

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Maybe we can offload some of our players - Painter,Harley ? would be quality for them.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Oh and congratulations to Crawley. Good to have two Sussex clubs having success.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The omens are not good for Crawley, of the former non-league clubs that have reached the third tier since automatic promotion from the Conference was introduced in 1987, only Yeovil and Wycombe have enjoyed long stays in the division and they were traditionally well supported non-league teams. Stevenage have had success this year though it was based on a certain brand of football. Of the rest; Barnet, Macclesfield, Cheltenham, Rushden & Diamonds and Dagenham & Redbridge, none have lasted more than a season in this league

They will have the smallest ground in the league and will be heavily reliant on the their mysterious benefactors opening their wallet to keep them punching above their weight. They've lost their manager, who whether you liked him or not, fostered a them against us mentality type of team spirit, which probably gained them a number of points over the season, and part of the successful forward line has been lost. They may well have to cash in on McFadzean at some point too.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
congratulations to them, i used to go and see them in the late 70's and eighties at town mead as a kid, i remember a great night when they won the gilbert rice floodlit cup, O.k, they be overspending, so are we, that is modern football. They'll never be a bigger club than the albion but at the same time i think it will be a long time before worthing or hastings can dream of being the No2 club in sussex.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Except that Crawley aren't overspending. Two seasons of reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup earned a substantial amount.
Two players sold for around 2 million as well.

The club has no debt and money in the bank.

Can't see how we will suddenly go bust....

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Except that Crawley aren't overspending. Two seasons of reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup earned a substantial amount.
Two players sold for around 2 million as well.

The club has no debt and money in the bank.

Can't see how we will suddenly go bust....

Sold your best players to compensate for poor home attendance, you can't bank on another cup run to balance the books either

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They have abslutely no hope of staying in that league without some decent strikers mind, they'll be in a relegation scrap all season unless they find two more gems like Barnett and Tubbs, which I doubt.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I believe the owners went on record to say that their expansion plans would have to wait given the very disappointing ticket sales this year. Without some cash from the owners they could be getting thrashed every week next year

They have already added a new east stand, this summer they'll be adding new turnstyles and refreshment points. Slow but crowds are increasing and their rising up the leagues. Yes they spent money but then they've gained alot from the cup runs with a big money tie at Old Trafford and plenty of tv money, also sold their two best strikers for close to £2million.

Besides most clubs are spending beyond their means. I think it is great to have a second league team in Sussex and wish there was more we have nothing to fear from them as the two clubs are miles apart and can't see us being caught for decades. I'm not sure why people can't just be happy for them, would it hurt so much?

This is not directly aimed at you btw just shocked by some of the attitudes towards them for seemingly little reason.

congratulations to them, i used to go and see them in the late 70's and eighties at town mead as a kid, i remember a great night when they won the gilbert rice floodlit cup, O.k, they be overspending, so are we, that is modern football. They'll never be a bigger club than the albion but at the same time i think it will be a long time before worthing or hastings can dream of being the No2 club in sussex.

the Gilbert Rice floodlit cup? bloody hell! I used to go to Town Mead in the early 80's, some of the lads I knew had the large Crawley Town flag/painted bed sheet that hung in the cow shed. we took in a few aways as well for a laugh, Woodfood, Erith, Dover and at hounslow got match stopped due to a smoke bomb, Brian Gregory was the top scorer and shared his beer with us on the coach (we were only 15) John Maggs told one of our lads off for smoking " none of my players smoke so nor are you!!" five minutes later Merrick Herriot lit a spliff

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the Gilbert Rice floodlit cup? bloody hell! I used to go to Town Mead in the early 80's, some of the lads I knew had the large Crawley Town flag/painted bed sheet that hung in the cow shed. we took in a few aways as well for a laugh, Woodfood, Erith, Dover and at hounslow got match stopped due to a smoke bomb, Brian Gregory was the top scorer and shared his beer with us on the coach (we were only 15) John Maggs told one of our lads off for smoking " none of my players smoke so nor are you!!" five minutes later Merrick Herriot lit a spliff

terry robins, cliff cant, alan lester........that was a good team back then!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
They have abslutely no hope of staying in that league without some decent strikers mind, they'll be in a relegation scrap all season unless they find two more gems like Barnett and Tubbs, which I doubt.

Gary Alexander is argubley better than the both of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here