Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town Promoted!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Well done Crawley, no easy task achieving what they have over the last few years, increase in crowds, expanded stadium things are on the up it's nice to see a second league team in Sussex. Good on them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good on them for getting promoted but we cant have them overtaking us i do feel league one might prove either the natural level for them or possibly a step too far we will see

Hopefully a step too far - can't stand Crawley. Bloody glad we're not still in L1

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Nice, with an average gate under 3k

Since the expansion their gates have been up abit it takes time and they are building slowly. Beside we went from a 6k to 22k so it wouldn't be unreasonable.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They are certainly going to have to do something to increase their fan base. I dont think a single home game has been sold out for them this season. Crowds under 5000 will not support anything more than league one. Good luck to them though

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Since the expansion their gates have been up abit it takes time and they are building slowly. Beside we went from a 6k to 22k so it wouldn't be unreasonable.

In all respect we had a huge sleeping fanbase. Crawley have NO history of decent crowds. It's completely different.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

I believe the owners went on record to say that their expansion plans would have to wait given the very disappointing ticket sales this year. Without some cash from the owners they could be getting thrashed every week next year

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well done to Crawley - I do think it's possibly a step too far up but we'll see
As for a 20k seater stadium a) there's no point with an average attendance as low as theirs b) I can't see that there would be room on that site and c) where would they play whilst the new stadium was being built ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I find it hard to give a shit. They're a total farce of a club. It's almost certain they'll come straight back down and their 1,500 fans will be all that's left. Coppout couldn't be at a more appropriate club.

A club that gains two successive promotions is a total farce of a club? You may not like them, which is your right, but that description of them doesn't ring true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here