Yapton
Brighton brushed aside by strong physical opposition again

or

Brighton lose meaningless friendly to local pumped up minnows

Pick your headline?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
This just shows what a MISTAKE Gus made in letting Michel go. At one end we have a Slovakian CLOWN haplessly flapping as the ball whistles past his ears for the umpteenth time. At the other, we have the personification of COOL just effortlessly keeping million-pound attackers at bay.

His big mistakes are starting to pile up. It's not the odd mistake but several mistakes and his pride is really getting in the way now.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A defeat on Saturday and Gus will really come under pressure - and arguably rightly so given our recent form.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
As a Crawley local who follows Crawley but supports Brighton what an embarrassment - reserves yes but we had Brezovan, Vincelot, El-Abd, Sparrow, LuaLua, Barnes, Hoskins, Buckley etc, etc playing . . . WTF????!!!! :annoyed::rant::nono::eek:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A defeat on Saturday and Gus will really come under pressure - and arguably rightly so given our recent form.

Haha maybe with some on here but with normal people (and most importantly with Bloom) no he won't

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Haha maybe with some on here but with normal people (and most importantly with Bloom) no he won't

If our form continues into the new year he will be under pressure.

Blooms decision on a 5 year ontract for Gus and Tanno will either be a masteroke or a costly mistake.

Lets hope he gets in right in January!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really not sure why anyone is reading anything into this result the aim was surely to get players who are coming back from injury some match fitness and game time.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
If our form continues into the new year he will be under pressure.

Blooms decision on a 5 year ontract for Gus and Tanno will either be a masteroke or a costly mistake.

Lets hope he gets in right in January!

I don't think it would be a costly mistake. Gus is a proud man and he'd probably walk if he took us back down through sheer shame.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Really not sure why anyone is reading anything into this result the aim was surely to get players who are coming back from injury some match fitness and game time.

We are probably reading to much into it, mainly due to the way we were beaten which seems quite similar to recent 1st team defeats. Out muscled etc

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
What a hysterical bunch we can be. What do you think the purpose of this match would be for those coming back from injury? Maybe to get some match time under their belts in time for Saturday? Certainly not to bust a gut against Crawley in a reserve match and so risking yet more injury. It could have been 10-0 for the purpose of this mattch.

Maybe the Crawley players were up for it as a) it was against Brighton with 1st teamers in it and b) they would be trying to show that they should be in Crawleys 1st team.

I would be really disappointed if El Abd, Hoskins etc all ended the game injured for more weeks. Plus I would then wonder what Poyet was playing at.

This match reminds me when Leyton Orient beat Newcastle 6-0 or something in a pre season friendly. Yea, Orient were world beaters and Newcastle were gonna get relegated to League 1...........didn't work out that way did it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I cannot believe some people in this thread!! f*** a duck two years ago we were lower L1 losing to Carlisle. Now we are mid table Championship, We won't go up, But we certainly wont go down either. Get a grip really, We are not brilliant but slowly slowly catchee monkey. Keep improving one position at a time whilst the training ground and academy is built then when ready push big for Prem.

Even if we continue this run there are still at least three teams worse than us this year.

There is.
Doncaster: Sign as many ex prem/prison/drugs/thugs football write offs as possible and hope.
Coventry: Massive debts, Club has been in decline for years, Leaving Highfield Road was the biggest mistake made a gamble that hasn't paid off.
Burnley: Massive debts from trying to stay in Prem Big losses announced recently too.(Update, Chief Exec has fled the ship already)
Barnsley: Surviving of youth and lower league 'stars' such as Craig 'BARNDOOR' Davies. (Ok currently but will struggle)
Millwall: The Wigan of the Championship forever fighting relegation and should be safe but it wouldn't take much to drop down.
Watford: Again good form of late but wouldn't take much to sink.
Pompy: Outsiders but could drop down if fears over latest corrupt chairmen are true and possible points deduction?

I'm not trying to promise safety but we are a long way from worrying just yet. Could even add Bristol to that list, When Maynard is sold in Jan I can't see the manager replacing him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
as long as no one gets injured i couldnt give a shite about the score!
Could have closed the thread after this line. It looks like it was platyed on a training pitch. Who cares about the score, I'm just so happy to se Buckley, Hoskins and El-Abd get some decent game time. Onwards and upwards!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This thread sums up NSC lately. Its a reserve game, played on a training FFS. No one cares about the score. Its not important in teh scheme of things.

Honestly people saying Gus is coming under pressure, really need to go and see their doctorand get something to claim themselves down!! Seriosuly, this goes down as one of the saddest threads around at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here