clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
0,,10433~10224376,00.gif

Anyone recognise the Brighton player? :shrug:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sounds like they scored from nearly every cross that they had - must have been top defending! Also sounds like we created almost nothing - which is bad news even if it is a reserve game of no significance.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
From what I saw (first half only) Bukley created quite a bit down the right hand side.

IMO his performance was the only good thing I saw today (Apart from AEA's return, and Lewis Dunk's car)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ok, so I left at half time, so you really are only getting half the picture...

Of the 'returning' players:

Buckley - Looked good, quick and fit - I'd start him Saturday.

Kaz - Heavy pitch not helping hom, but Bench only on Saturday

Adam - Great to see him playing again, but him and Vincelot just looked too small up against their strikers (the guy who played for Dagenham last year and scored in the first minute)
El Abd will need a couple more games IMO to get him fit.

Vincelot - poor performance, I preferhim at full back.

Hoskins - I rate him, whether he plays depends on the formation.

Sparrow - playing alongside Rogers in midfield. Both looked slow - anything we created came from wide.

Both full backs young and small, not impressed with either, sorry.

Barnes. Sorry, but not good enough.

Crawley - Big, physical, a typical Steve Evans side.

Pitch - poor and heavy.

I also only saw the first half and agree with most of what you saw. I would just add that Buckley was a class above any on the field and looked good, always trying to create something, but players around him let him down. I know that Adam has just returned from injury and its great to see, but the defence was just shocking, Crawley had 4 chances in the first half and scored 4. Brighton had one very good chance from barnes but the Marine made a superb save, saying that, Barnes should have scored and his all round game I would describe as "lots of effort, no quality" so many wasted passes.

KKL just looks unfit, he got past a couple of players but the pitch didnt help him at all, he also seemed to hurt his hand in the first half.
Hoskins.....Jury is out, like Barnes lots of huff and puff, but nothing to show for it, bad touch and had options to shoot in the first half, but decided not too.
Brez..............oh dear.....no more to say.

I stood next to Gus and Tanno in the bottom Corner to the one Brighton attacked in the 1st half and they seemed annoyed with something, but were speaking in spanish or something similiar so couldnt grasp what, but he did have a long conversation with Steve Evans at Half time (boy is he fat!!!)

Overall, Crawley played a very good game, they didnt play mis passes or go long, they tried and succeded in playing football and it worked, the 2nd goal was a great volley and they have shown they have the strenght in depth to win league 2 and do well in league 1.

Oh and Dunk does have a very nice white car and Craig noone is so tiny!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will make ZERO difference to the Coventry game either way in my opinion. It's a run out.

You didn't seem to think the England Spain friendly was just a run out :wink:

Last edited:

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Ouch. That's gonna hurt morale

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I cannot believe that Buckley, Hoskins and Barnes combined couldnt manage a single goal against some league 2 reserves? Horrific.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here