Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Love In - Why?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why are there some posters on here that seem to be falling over themselves to want Crawley to do well? Can someone please remind me how they helped us out in our time of need? Wasn't it a case of sticking two fingers up as we searched for a local venue when the Goldstone was sold under our feet, even going to the lengths of offering to increase the capacity of Broadfield for them. And what did they do? Didn't they let Palace reserves play there instead! I might be wrong about Palace reserves but they certainly didn't let us play there and forced us off to Priestfield for two years.

Hope Torquay turn them over and they miss out on promotion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why are there some posters on here that seem to be falling over themselves to want Crawley to do well? Can someone please remind me how they helped us out in our time of need? Wasn't it a case of sticking two fingers up as we searched for a local venue when the Goldstone was sold under our feet, even going to the lengths of offering to increase the capacity of Broadfield for them. And what did they do? Didn't they let Palace reserves play there instead! I might be wrong about Palace reserves but they certainly didn't let us play there and forced us off to Priestfield for two years.

This, there all mockneys

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

Spot on mate.

Pikeys, the lot of them.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
my home town, so I wanted them to win tonight, it's not like everybody who posts here is from B&H :)

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
As has been mentioned on another thread , the club was happy for us to play at the Broadfield Stadium, it was the council who put a stop to it.

It is all very easy to get snobby about the town, but its not that bad, just a bit dull. Certianly if you compare it to Brighton.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
my home town, so I wanted them to win tonight, it's not like everybody who posts here is from B&H :)
Same here.Ifield boy.Not Hyde drive either.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As has been mentioned on another thread , the club was happy for us to play at the Broadfield Stadium, it was the council who put a stop to it.

It is all very easy to get snobby about the town, but its not that bad, just a bit dull. Certianly if you compare it to Brighton.

I don't care whether it was the club or council, it's still Crawley.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't care whether it was the club or council, it's still Crawley.
Says someone from Bugs Hole.Now that is a shit hole along with Crawley.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
This was posted on the other thread too about Crawley Council blocking the move, but im sure (unless my memory is up to its tricks again) that their chairman came out with something along the lines of they didnt want to be in our shadow etc etc and that they would become the second team at the Broadfield etc etc.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Went to a pre season friendly there years ago & a lot of the locals were in Palace shirts. Enough said.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kuipers = Cooper

Normally, I do not Crawley consider part of Sussex, but part of south London (say no more). But Kuipers is in goal and the more lower clubs through the more likely we will win the FA Cup. Better team than in 83.

Congrats to Crawley.

Peter Ward scored in afew seconds, but we still did not beat Derby.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I was not interested enuff to turn on the radio. I thought about it and promptly forgot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here