Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley and the playoff final

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I did go to Doncaster v Leeds at Wembley (in the Doncaster end.) So emotional I was in tears at the end. (Of laughter)

The Pompey Brighton thing has always interested me. (Dad used to take me to both :nono: until I begged for mercy!)

Seriously though where do you see the borders to be. I have always thought of the Adur being the geographical divide (Pompey), Gatwick (Palace) The physical East Sussex border for Kent and whoever.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
NO. I support the Albion. Why would I go to Wembley to see any other team (apart from England) If Fulham go to Wembley, would you expect Chelsea fans there? Just wouldn't happen.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would watch it on TV, but probably too expensive a day out to see a team I'm only slightly interested in.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
and right on my door step. Bennett was not too bad when I went there, we won the sussex cup at football when we were 14, beating some big schools on the way, I think it was Kings Manor in the final. Good memories.
Never played football for the school but did play rugby and I believe even to this day we were the most successful team the school ever had, winning virtually everything and most of the team going on to represent the county.
When I was there although it didn't look pretty, it wasn't too bad, we just had a reputation that unfortunately stuck !
I left in 91 after doing my A levels, the 6th form was great ! :D

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Never played football for the school but did play rugby and I believe even to this day we were the most successful team the school ever had, winning virtually everything and most of the team going on to represent the county.
When I was there although it didn't look pretty, it wasn't too bad, we just had a reputation that unfortunately stuck !
I left in 91 after doing my A levels, the 6th form was great ! :D

We were the same year, That was a good rugby team, Shadbolt and co....I did play one game out wide, but was too small!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i though the year above with the Maybanks and Nathan Shadbolt was the team that one the cups, they were hard as nails!!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
i though the year above with the Maybanks and Nathan Shadbolt was the team that one the cups, they were hard as nails!!
Oh you were two years above me I think, they were good but we won more, I've played rugby with Alan Maybank for a long time, what a fantastic player, a couple of years older than, me & fit as a fiddle, I'm just glad I was his team mate and not playing against him !

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
probably not but my brother is an STH so he might persuade me. Also at TB, left in 1979 after a levels. Loved school. Was pasr of the all conquering Roberts House rugby team and remember taking 4 wickets against Ifield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here