Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley and the playoff final

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Yep i'll be going - Crawley are my other team as I live there and watch them if ever I am not watching Brighton.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
No. I would watch it on TV and want them to win but I would only go to Wembley to watch Brighton or possibly England.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yes, but they won't need the play offs. Auto for them and then Crawley v Portsmouth as a league fixture next season. Hilarious

Been to many Lewes games recently ?
The original question asked us if we would support Crawley, because they were another side from Sussex. I don't think that's a good enough reason.

I occasionally watch Lewes on the grounds that they are my local (ie nearest) team. That's a lot more than just being a team from the same county (or the neighbouring county, if I'm feeling East Sussexy).

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No but not because alot on here dislike them I think it's great and long may it continue. I just wouldn't spend the kind of money a day out at Wembley would cost for a team I don't support. I'll be cheering them on from the sofa though.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The original question asked us if we would support Crawley, because they were another side from Sussex. I don't think that's a good enough reason.

I occasionally watch Lewes on the grounds that they are my local (ie nearest) team. That's a lot more than just being a team from the same county (or the neighbouring county, if I'm feeling East Sussexy).

But its hardly the same as asking a spurs fan to watch Chelsea or a villa fan to watch brum. Maybe it will be in years to come if Crawley do establish themselves as a league team and we play them a lot more therefore creating more of a rivalry.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
This is like asking a Birmingham City supporter if they would support Villa in similar circumstances. Or a Spurs supporter to go to Wembley to support Chelsea in the FA Cup final.

No, no it's not at all. Since when have we been fierce rivals with Crawley? I remember before they use to be able to spend all that money that they have, people on here would look out for their results and hope that they'd do well. Their fans may not like us but only because they've not got a real rivalry, Crawley are just any other club to me. I do not hate them or dislike them, I'll look out for all sussex teams results, If they do well then fair enough.

On the other hand, If I got offered a free match ticket to go and watch Crawley in the final then I'd take it but I wouldn't go up their to 'support' them. There's a difference between supporting someone and watching a game of football.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Me too, recently been rebuilt and now one of the better schools in Crawley though, it's also a dedicated sports school with access to all the facilities in K2.

and right on my door step. Bennett was not too bad when I went there, we won the sussex cup at football when we were 14, beating some big schools on the way, I think it was Kings Manor in the final. Good memories.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crawley are my local league club so I hope they win the play-offs if they need them. Wouldn't go though.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
No thanks!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why?

Do you think living in Huddersfield that if town missed out on the playoffs our fans would go and support any of the Sheffield teams?

This. Bizarre, embarrassing way of following your team.

Do Southampton fans look out for Bournemouth results?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No. I would watch it on TV and want them to win but I would only go to Wembley to watch Brighton or possibly England.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I'll happily go and watch other clubs with mates, nothing wrong with experiencing different clubs and tasting different atmospheres every now and again to add perspective to football in general, but Wembley is special and for me, I only want to go there with Brighton. I've passed up 3 opportunities so far, no intention of chasing glory with other teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here