Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crash on Brighton seafront........

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Safeway said:
I saw an ad for the Paramount Comedy festival on the side of a bus today and do you know what? The pier in the background of the picture is EASTBOURNE Pier. :eek: :eek:

However, the main pier in Brighton will always be the Palace Pier to me.

Yes yes, but can you explain why Brighton's marina is called Brighton Marina, yet Eastbourne's marina is called, er, Sovereign Harbour Marina?
:glare: :lolol:

Actually, am surprised no NSC pedants have yet pointed out it's neither the Palace Pier nor the Brighton Pier, but technically. . .

BRIGHTON MARINE AND PALACE PIER.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think it should be called "The Chain Pier":p

Palace Pier, because of its proximity to the Pavilion (?!) - Prince Regent's Palace. Nothing to do with CPFC. And when I were a lad, our 'rivals' were Luton Town !!

And West Hoathly Seagull took the words out of my mouth....it'll ALWAYS be a Marathon !

.................and relax..............

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Definitly Palace pier.Have always loved the fact it was called that because I thought it would irritate you lot but that seems not to be the case.I am surprised!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
2a M. FORSTER There is a steamer leaves the pier at ten in the morning. Guardian He fell 50 ft into the sea from a funfair ride on Palace Pier, Brighton. c New Scientist A moving walkway along the pier to the two terminals. 3 E. WAUGH The park gatesswung on rusticated stone piers. E. H. GOMBRICH In Romanesque churches we find round arches resting on massive piers.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from The Oxford Interactive Encyclopedia
Developed by The Learning Company, Inc. Copyright (c) 1997 TLC Properties Inc.

It is in international literature (well the national dictionary) as the Palace Pier.

It is still a bridge to nowhere. Just about, but not quite, as redundant as a huge glass house on Sydenham Hill.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The Large One said:
Always used to be Brighton, Hove and Worthing Municipal Airport.
Actually, it used to be called Brighton, Hove and Worthing Joint Municipal Airport, but who's picky?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here