Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap Crowd

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I didn't manage to get to the game yesterday but I did listen to it on SCR.

I know it was raining and I know there was an early goal and I know we shipped throughout the match - but bloody hell the crowd sounded like a bunch of moaners.

No support or encouragement to be heard, just the more-than-occasional angry bellow and collective grumbling.

Shit performance coming on the back of two weak home games (which I did see before you have a go) and I know it's your "right" to complain and make your feelings known, but how does incessant grumbling and abuse help at all?

Made me more depressed than the result.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think we've just outstayed our time at Withdean, The place has got to everybody. Listen to the difference in the crowd when we play away from home in a proper football ground.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have brought 2 season tickets for 9 seasons at withdean and pumped another £ 900 plys their way this season. Its about supporting the club. The games most of them I can take or leave, infact I will probably miss half a dozen at least this season. I HATE Withdean , I HATE the Withdean experience. Regadless of results I think the crowd V Walsall could struggle to get to 5000. Everyone is sick and tired of Withdean.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I didn't manage to get to the game yesterday but I did listen to it on SCR.

I know it was raining and I know there was an early goal and I know we shipped throughout the match - but bloody hell the crowd sounded like a bunch of moaners.

No support or encouragement to be heard, just the more-than-occasional angry bellow and collective grumbling.

Shit performance coming on the back of two weak home games (which I did see before you have a go) and I know it's your "right" to complain and make your feelings known, but how does incessant grumbling and abuse help at all?

Made me more depressed than the result.

Reality check please! - North Stand Chat

You're right - its exactly as I said in the above thread.

US has hit the nail on the head as well, Withdean as a football stadium is just utter wank.

most of the stewards are glorified little hitlers, the south stand looks as though it's going to fall apart at any minute and it's still hideously overpriced to watch a game.

However, at least we don't support Gillingham who have the honour of being the anus of the footballing map of the British Isles!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have brought 2 season tickets for 9 seasons at withdean and pumped another £ 900 plys their way this season. Its about supporting the club. The games most of them I can take or leave, infact I will probably miss half a dozen at least this season. I HATE Withdean , I HATE the Withdean experience. Regadless of results I think the crowd V Walsall could struggle to get to 5000. Everyone is sick and tired of Withdean.

I am sure this is right - and I really do sympathise. But it can't help results if fans turn their ire on the team. For 90 minutes a week, we should suck it up and try to shout the team to victory.

I haven't heard many games on SCR, and it was really striking how dreadful the crowd sounded.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Withdean was meant to be for 3 seasons, 3 fecking seasons. I am taking my seat now for the 9th season, yes 9th season with 1 maybe 2 more seasons after this. There is no atmosphere, the food is gash, the toilets are gash, the refreshments are gash, you cannot have a fag even up by the trees, the stand is not covered, the football is dire, 3rd division football is universally crap, do we have ambitions to go up or tread water this season ?, the away view is actually scandalous and this has filtered down the clubs and a lot of away fans boycott Withdean meaning there is even less atmosphere and banter, we are living in a monsoon season with hurricane winds, its £ 25 a pop, the players at the moment don't seem to give a toss

Shall I go on ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure this is right - and I really do sympathise. But it can't help results if fans turn their ire on the team. For 90 minutes a week, we should suck it up and try to shout the team to victory.

I haven't heard many games on SCR, and it was really striking how dreadful the crowd sounded.

hans me and you did not go yesterday so we are not in a position to have apop really, I for one would have hurled abuse and maybe booed at the end if I could be arsed but from what I heard people did not boo much at the end as they had been battered into submission. For me not booing is an even more dangerous thing after such a load of shite as it means the supporters do not care anymore and that is a very worrying path to go down. I would rather have people boo as it means they have passion and feeling

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I didn't go yesterday (unavoidably) but I did hear it on the radio - and it's the way it came over on the radio that I am commenting on really. I would have grumbled I'm sure - but in between times I would have tried to lift the team - encouraged them to fight - I've found the last year or two at Withdean pretty embarrassing to be in the crowd. If you start a chant - even a simple one - you just get looked at like an oddity. When did this happen. Where did the "supporters" go?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean was meant to be for 3 seasons, 3 fecking seasons. I am taking my seat now for the 9th season, yes 9th season with 1 maybe 2 more seasons after this. There is no atmosphere, the food is gash, the toilets are gash, the refreshments are gash, you cannot have a fag even up by the trees, the stand is not covered, the football is dire, 3rd division football is universally crap, do we have ambitions to go up or tread water this season ?, the away view is actually scandalous and this has filtered down the clubs and a lot of away fans boycott Withdean meaning there is even less atmosphere and banter, we are living in a monsoon season with hurricane winds, its £ 25 a pop, the players at the moment don't seem to give a toss

Shall I go on ?.

You dont need to go on US you've summed it up perfectly, The place is a shit hole & fans have had a gut full of it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have been for 9 years and around 200 games so I have a right to an opinion I know that goes against the rules.

hans me and you did not go yesterday so we are not in a position to have apop really, I for one would have hurled abuse and maybe booed at the end if I could be arsed but from what I heard people did not boo much at the end as they had been battered into submission. For me not booing is an even more dangerous thing after such a load of shite as it means the supporters do not care anymore and that is a very worrying path to go down. I would rather have people boo as it means they have passion and feeling

Serious word.

I reckon a lot of those people who might have been bothering to boo, were biting their lip vowing not to volunteer themselves for more punishment at Withdean.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I didn't go yesterday (unavoidably) but I did hear it on the radio - and it's the way it came over on the radio that I am commenting on really. I would have grumbled I'm sure - but in between times I would have tried to lift the team - encouraged them to fight - I've found the last year or two at Withdean pretty embarrassing to be in the crowd. If you start a chant - even a simple one - you just get looked at like an oddity. When did this happen. Where did the "supporters" go?

The supporters go to the away games. My colleague is an Albion nut but he does not go to Withdean, maybe a few a season but goes away when he can as its a much better day out. He hates Withdean and almost refuses to go there. As soon as Falmer is built he is getting a season ticket. There's quite a few like that.

What the club need to realise is that the 5000 or so and 3500 sth's that have supported the club for these 9 years and particularlry the last 3 yeasr of utter gash deserve to be treated like Gods and the least they deserve is to be entertained at home after spending fortunes and have a team that appreciates the efforts the fans make and give a toss as they pay their wages and without them the club would have folded and not keep having a pop at the crowd like they are wholely responsible and the players can abdicate their responsibilities and use the Withdean factor as a tired old excuse.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I had the pleasure of the family stand yesterday and generally folk were patient if frustrated with the game. However, the guy in the top corner of the stand made me embarrassed to be Albion, screaming and swearing at Adams, the South stand, Scunny fans from about 15 minutes in. Having declared he and his handfull of Neanderthal mates as the true loyal fans, they promptly trooped out after an hour.
Scunthorpe were just too good for us yesterday. Sure we played poorly and gave away at least 2 of the goals, but I'd rather praise Scunny as most of the ground who applauded the #10 would probably agree.
PG

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some might say he is passionate about his club. I support Albion I do not go to Withdean to appreciate and applaude the oppostion team. Maybe thats the problem we have too many people who aren't real Albion fans just on a day out to watch a game of football without caring who wins.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No fan anywhere in the world would get enthusiastic about Withdean as it is a toilet for supporting football at.

There are better football grounds in third world countries and all fans have had enough.

Still the good news is the future is very close and the sooner the better - we could have a world class manager and a world class team but it would make no difference at Withdean to the atmosphere.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree I think we may even struggle to sell out if we were in the premiership. Its not about the football anymore. Enough is enough. Thats why the first spade going in Falmer is vital and no delay after 12/08 is acceptable. this would spread enthusiasm back into the club and I bet the crowds at Withdean would go up.k

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My 15 year old is a loyal kind of guy - but he asked me at the Orient game if we could got to more away matches (did a handful last year and they were all great atmosphere). I think US point about people being fed up with Withdean is fair - I occasionally hesitate before going - and that should not be the case.

I tend to agree with my son - we'll definitely do more away games this year. It's just more fun.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think US point about people being fed up with Withdean is fair - I occasionally hesitate before going - and that should not be the case.

I saw some cheap tickets being advertised on here yesterday and thought about going, Then I looked at the weather and thought of Withdean and rapidly changed my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here