Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap cover versions

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The worst ever cover by a long chalk is Sympathy for the Devil by Guns and Roses. A veritable butchering. I'd love to know what their intentions were.

Also Duran Duran's 991's a joke is pretty crap. The Guardian's review says it all "I can imagine Duran Duran patting themselves on the back for crossing the boundaries of music with this offering....not realising that the very reason musical boundaries exist is to help prevent washed up new romantics butchering classic rap songs"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Boys of Summer was murdered by some Europop babe

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All Saints dreadful cover of 'Under the Bridge'. Various feeble attempts to cover The Las 'There She Goes'.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Britney Spears – I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll

No Britney, you don't. And your attempt to convince anybody otherwise was, quite frankly, shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cher is responsible for some real horrors: Love Hurts and Walking in Memphis being 2 of the worst.

..there was an awful rave version of the latter as well.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The worst ever cover by a long chalk is Sympathy for the Devil by Guns and Roses. A veritable butchering. I'd love to know what their intentions were.

Also Duran Duran's 991's a joke is pretty crap. The Guardian's review says it all "I can imagine Duran Duran patting themselves on the back for crossing the boundaries of music with this offering....not realising that the very reason musical boundaries exist is to help prevent washed up new romantics butchering classic rap songs"

They also did a cover of White Lines too, with much the same results.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It was by a group called Scooter, called 'I'm ravin, I'm ravin'

They also had a big hit with a cover of Supertramp's 'The Logical Song'
Chez has beaten me to it. Scooter is a piss poor attempt to copy the original by shut up and dance. Shut up and Dance's tune wasn't a cover, they just borrowd the lyrics.

It's a classic, even if the vocal is a bit gay.

[yt]zBpy3JrI3oQ[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here