Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
is fast becoming my favourite player at the club.
Loved the way he was lapping up the atmosphere on Saturday and winding up Lawrence, and the fact he ran his socks off once again, bagging another assist in the process.
Just found this quote from after the Donny game from him on SkySports and thought he deserves an appreciation thread-
"It was brilliant playing in front of over 20,000 people who were making lots of noise. We all work very closely together at this club, the fans and players are in it together. It feels like our home already."

Nooney, you are an absolute hero :bowdown:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I must confess, I wasn't sure how he'd do this year both in terms of playing against better players and keeping his place in the side (especially with Buckley and KLL involved) but he's been brilliant, one of the star performers in these first few games.

I'm sorry I ever doubted him

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Love Noone. His attitude is first class. Many players heads would of dropped not starting the first game after the pre season he had , the same on saturday and also the case in games last year. Has only ever spoken of the team and the fans. Seems to absolutely love the fans singing his name. You could see what it meant to him on saturday. Seems to have loads of confidence right now and a winger in that frame of mind is super dangerous. Don't think anyone would deny that he deserves to start at least one of the next 2. So far he has really stepped up and I must admit suprised me a bit. A crowd favourite and hopefully more to come

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You would have to see a lot of premier league matches to see a better run and pass than the one he made to set up Buckley for the winner against Donny

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
One of my fav players as well, i think he has a lot of talent and to me should be on the wing with Buckley if both fit and Lua Lua has to wait his chance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He needs to work on the finishing a tad, judging by the first three games, but other than that, he's been arguably our most impressive player. I don't mind admitting I wondered where he'd fit in with Lua Lua and Buckley on the scene, but you've got to make it happen for yourself sometimes, and he'd certainly done that to date.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Love Noone. His attitude is first class. Many players heads would of dropped not starting the first game after the pre season he had , the same on saturday and also the case in games last year. Has only ever spoken of the team and the fans. Seems to absolutely love the fans singing his name.
Very much this. It's all about the team. Generally speaking regarding subs, when a manager favours someone else, sometimes they'll be right and sometimes wrong, but it doesn't matter, players just need to give their all in training and when on the pitch. Sadly not all players understand this. Noone however, is classy.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
His pass to Buckley for the winner versus Doncaster was first class- it was on the showboat section of Soccer AM!!

He has upped his game significantly, like all our players under Gus.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Craig Noone obviously loves being a professional football player. It's a pleasure to watch someone who realises what a joy the game can actually be if you just stopped thinking about the money for a minute and just ran with the ball.

He does indeed need to work on the finer details of his game but I have every confidence he will work his nuts off to improve. A superb addition to our team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Delighted to see him getting some acclaim. Maybe a little predictable when playing on the right, always cutting inside. More dangerous on the left IMO with his ablility to maintain close control running at a defence. Certainly a joy to watch and a dangerous, if inconsistent, shot on him. Seems to have bulked up a bit over the summer which will help him in this league.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He came to professional football relatively late, which probably explains his attitude to life.

Whatever happens, whether he starts or is on the bench, it beats spending the day nailing tiles to the roof of a council house at the rough end of Toxteth. In the rain.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know about a tall dwarf, but I have wondered on more than one occasion whether he might be related to Iain Dowie.

Great little player, excellent attitude, but my GOD he's not a looker, is he?

Craig-Noone+cropped

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He came to professional football relatively late, which probably explains his attitude to life.

Whatever happens, whether he starts or is on the bench, it beats spending the day nailing tiles to the roof of a council house at the rough end of Toxteth. In the rain.

He was a bit more upmarket than Toxteth, being on the roof of Stephen Gerrard's house when he got the call to be a professional footballer. Then again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here