Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And he's also a very unusual winger in that he can actually turn it on for pretty much the whole 90 minutes. How many wingers have we seen over the years that are 45 minute players?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Love the bloke,we really do have 3 star performers on the wing.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Noone is now my fav albion player. Works his socks off and seems to love just playing football...... Buckly got a lot of the praise after donny and rightly so.... but, I do think without Nooney on the pitch it could have been a different result. The run and pass for the 2nd goal was pure quality !!! I can't stop watching it...

deserves all the praise he gets and long may it continue .... I love watching him play SIMPLES

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I really hope he scores a CRUCIAL late goal at the Amex this season. Because you just know he'd lap it up it more than any other player. A lot of our players can be quite reserved when it comes to goal celebrations, whereas Noone seems to want to appreciate every great moment to its fullest and most importantly, with the fans. And you can't help but love that. I'm picturing some sort of Malouda-style 'run behind the goal whilst high-fiving every fan in the front row' celebration.

He has a certain child-like quality to his playing style that I adore. It's like going back to middle school at times. Noone is the little cheeky twinkle-toes kid who simply THRIVES on being chased by the increasingly frustrated thugs from Year 8. I hope, and predict he will be the source of frustration for quite a full backs this season.

Definitely still room for improvement in terms of decision making and finishing though, as has been pointed out!

Last edited:

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
I don't know about a tall dwarf, but I have wondered on more than one occasion whether he might be related to Iain Dowie.

Great little player, excellent attitude, but my GOD he's not a looker, is he?

Craig-Noone+cropped
Looks like he should be on one of those old Tefal ads!.. :)

Cracking player, lots of potential, great attitutde... he'll do!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Looking at that photo, which is VERY unflattering, he looks a bit like the banjo-playing kid out of Deliverance.

Nooney, if you read this, I love you to bits!!!
And you're much better looking now you're a bit older.... honest.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Think Noone is class player, only young still and if I remember correctly that before we signed him teams like Sunderland and Tottenham were both looking at him.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
I really hope he scores a CRUCIAL late goal at the Amex this season. Because you just know he'd lap it up it more than any other player. A lot of our players can be quite reserved when it comes to goal celebrations, whereas Noone seems to want to appreciate every great moment to its fullest and most importantly, with the fans. And you can't help but love that. I'm picturing some sort of Malouda-style 'run behind the goal whilst high-fiving every fan in the front row' celebration.

He has a certain child-like quality to his playing style that I adore. It's like going back to middle school at times. Noone is the little cheeky twinkle-toes kid who simply THRIVES on being chased by the increasingly frustrated thugs from Year 8. I hope, and predict he will be the source of frustration for quite a full backs this season.

Definitely still room for improvement in terms of decision making and finishing though, as has been pointed out!

Very well said :clap2::clap::clap::clap2::clap2::clap: I love nooney to bits, and knowing we've got buckley and lualua, I would say we have one of the best set of wingers in the league :banana: Tbh I didn't know how he would cope against championship opposition, but now I think he's f***ing top notch in the championship:drool::drool:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Well said, all. He should get a couple of starts with Buckley sidelined for a couple of weeks, shouldn't he? We'll see if he's better as an impact player or can make the kind of impression he's been making so far over 90 minutes. Either way, his attitude's been spot on and it's a joy to see somebody enjoying it so much.

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
Loved the dying minutes of the pompey game when we won us a corner and was getting psyched up off of the crowd, very genuine guy! Nooooney!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think he's got Premier League potential. Obviously has some way to go before realising it but there's a lot more to him than just speed and dribbling ability. Reads the game well, makes some excellent runs and as we saw with the Buckley winner can pick out a pass too.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I loved the way he celebrated the second goal against Donny. Buckley jogging coolly over to the West Stand with a big grin on his face - and Nooney going absolutely mental, shouting and screaming and clinging on to Bucko with pure delight over his face. Marvellous.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
My brother and I saw him leaving the stadium after the Donny game and grabbed an autograph on the programme. Very genuine guy and was very humble whilst we were praising his run and 'that pass'. Quality player + real commitment = fans favourite :)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I don't know about a tall dwarf, but I have wondered on more than one occasion whether he might be related to Iain Dowie.

Great little player, excellent attitude, but my GOD he's not a looker, is he?

Oh, here we go with the sexist comments:lolol:

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Noone & Buckley are going to be a real handfull for defences this season. well done Gus, Tano & Charlie.

Is this thread in danger of becoming one of the most 'spot on' threads ever?

Nooooooney = legend

:clap2:

Was my favourite player to watch last season and in fact i was worried about signing KLL because i think he will become a legend...but he has obviously taken it on the chin and stepped up a gear. Good luck to KLL getting back into the side (in my humble opinion).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here