Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

craig noone and plymouth

dannnnn10

Dec 17, 2010
ok it seems like noone is coming but plymouth are in debts why not splash more cash for bradley wright-phillips. just a thought:bhasign:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
because BWP's wages are astronomical (alledgedly)

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Also, is he actually any good? I know he's hit a purple patch this season but he's never been prolific at any club before. Form is temporary and all that.

Also he's had injury problems and seems to have had brushes with the law more than once (although never actually charged). Given the price we'd have to pay for him I'm not sure he'd be worth it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thing is Plymouth must be desperate to get his wages off their books (although I'm sure they want to keep him as a player). Could drive the transfer fee down do compensate for releasing his wages?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bwp isnt actually that good.....

I don't see why everyone is raving about him. He was on £8k a week at Southampton and managed to bag 22 goals in over 100 games. He has started well this season, but value for money? His record in the Championship was poor. He is an unsavoury character as well, no?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Did he always play upfront at Scumhampton or was he a wide forward / winger even some of the time? Was he incredibly young in a struggling team and now more experienced and in a team more than able to hold their own (all be it at a lower level than when played in Champ)?

I would think there are better strikers in league 1 and below but would they cost 10X as much initial fee and have as much potential? Plus do they fit the planned system?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did he always play upfront at Scumhampton or was he a wide forward / winger even some of the time? Was he incredibly young in a struggling team and now more experienced and in a team more than able to hold their own (all be it at a lower level than when played in Champ)?

I would think there are better strikers in league 1 and below but would they cost 10X as much initial fee and have as much potential? Plus do they fit the planned system?
I think he played quite a few games wide for southampton, and I'm not sure he ever had a really consistent run of games.

Besides that was in the Champiuonship, this is League One, plenty of players have scored hatfuls at this level and struggled in the Championship (and plenty have then gone on to make the step up succesfully later on).

But apparently half od NSC have read his contract and also know our budget in detail and say it won't happen.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A Plymouth supporting friend of mine is claiming that local reports are only talking about Noone in the sense of multiple bids having been rejected for him, so who knows.

His opinion would be that if we got him for even close to the 250k suggested in The Sun, we'd have one hell of a bargain on our hands

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm sure that BWP played out wide quite reguarly when he was at Southampton. Last season at Plymouth he was injured a lot, but still got 4 goals in 12 starts (1 in 3), at Saints he averaged about one in 3 starts too, consider that this was in the Championship. He's come to this level and shown he can more than perform, and seeing as he was a regular off the bench for Man City at 19/20 he clearly has something.

Someone who averages 1 in 3 in the Championship will always be expensive, as strikers are, and so too will a striker who would seemingly help a side get out of this division. A good striker will command a big fee, and big wages, and seeing as PLymouth are in a mess, i think we'd only be looking at paying the wages as the fee would be low. I'd go for both him and Noone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here