Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail Smith, You are the weakest link.... Goodbye

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Grow up? From when? The game at Charlton (where he scored) or the 0-0 against Forest when all of our strikers scored hat tricks? f*** me YOU have made yourself look like a prick, goodnight terryberry, you ARE the weakest link

:wave:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I don't subscribe to this "we don't play to his strengths". He is a striker. He is supposed to convert goal scoring chances. His goals to chances ratio is too low. How he failed to score tonight, I don't know. I do know how pissed off with his failure to score I am.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The problem with Macca is this.......

He runs about a bit, he's quick-ish and he chips in with a few goals. But, other than that he is TOTALLY f***ing WOEFUL. His link-play is just HIDEOUS.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't subscribe to this "we don't play to his strengths". He is a striker. He is supposed to convert goal scoring chances. His goals to chances ratio is too low. How he failed to score tonight, I don't know. I do know how pissed off with his failure to score I am.

Agreed. The thing is.... its bullshit. The idea is supposedly that Macca's strength is from through balls but he is DREADFUL in one-on-ones. All his goals come from first-time snapshots. His conversion ratio of chances to goal is about 1 in 8 at the moment. Nowhere near good enough.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All this 'we don't play to his strengths' does my head in. He misses chance after chance from 6 yards. What is his f***ing strength ? Please tell me. Is it his great touch ? His link play ?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
He was really poor tonight. I think he'll be off in January. Shame it didn't work out.

I agree with this.

I am very pro CMS but we don't play in a style that suits him, and he is struggling hugely at the mo.

Gutted it hasn't worked out as he is class IMO.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Lets not kid ourselves, for an expensive striker he is shit. Last season he had less chances, maybe you could say he was out of practice when he missed.the

This season he has scored a few but I'm afraid a blindfolded worm with blinkers on would have scored more. Yes he seems a nice chap but f*** it please let Santa (Norwich) take him away and be replaced by a less clappy 'I love your work rate' attacker that can actually score a decent chance to goal ratio.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The guy on SSN said "you can tell why the Brighton fans love CMS" after about 15 minutes
Still wiping the tea from my screen

Chris Hughton for the legends wall if we get anything over half of what we paid for him.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Whats last season got to do with it? Look at this season? How many does Murray have?? Why does he have soo many? Because he is a Quality striker. CMS is League 1 in his touch and in his overall play

And if Murray was here and scored just 7 last year i bet you wouldn't be saying that about him would you, i expect it would be the same rubbish as you are now aiming at CMS that he is league 1 standard and not good enough, etc....

Can we get some fans who can actually ever bother to support our players while they are our players. I thought we'd want the best from them, not rip them to pieces and knock all their confidence from them so they struggle further which is of no benefit to us (the club, the fans and the team)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
And if Murray was here and scored just 7 last year i bet you wouldn't be saying that about him would you, i expect it would be the same rubbish as you are now aiming at CMS that he is league 1 standard and not good enough, etc....

Can we get some fans who can actually ever bother to support our players while they are our players. I thought we'd want the best from them, not rip them to pieces and knock all their confidence from them so they struggle further which is of no benefit to us (the club, the fans and the team)

Hes had 18months to prove himself

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He is our top f***ing goalscorer this year, I think he has proved himself.

Yes he was absolute crap tonight, but all players have bad days. We need a striker to put the pressure on him to start performing, his place isn't really under threat at the moment.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Did you think he played well tonight then?

He didn't have one of his best games but i don't think that is a reason to write him off, especially as he is our best forward and highest scorer and a nuisance to the opposition and pulls them out of position, creating space elsewhere and also pushes them further towards their own goal (stretching play, making more room for us to play in and stopping the opposition from pressing us and keeping us pinned in our own half) There is far more to him than just goals

I thought Buckley didn't play to his usual high standards tonight either, but i wouldn't act in a knee jerk manner about him not 'being good enough' etc like some are here about CMS.

We should be getting behind our players and cheering them onto victory

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He didn't have one of his best games but i don't think that is a reason to write him off, especially as he is our best forward and highest scorer and a nuisance to the opposition and pulls them out of position, creating space elsewhere and also pushes them further towards their own goal (stretching play, making more room for us to play in and stopping the opposition from pressing us and keeping us pinned in our own half) There is far more to him than just goals

I thought Buckley didn't play to his usual high standards tonight either, but i wouldn't act in a knee jerk manner about him not 'being good enough' etc like some are here about CMS.

We should be getting behind our players and cheering them onto victory

You are correct, Buckley was not good at all tonight. He is by far our best attacking threat though. People don't just slag off CMS for tonights performance, he has never fitted in here. He just doesn't have the quality needed to be a success in this division. The Norwich rumours must be a sick joke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here