Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies goal machine...

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
well at least he scored a goal last night and he will get better. what did your strikers do, how many goals did you get

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
They just keep on coming....

Originally Posted by NicoInSheppey View Post
Brighton fans call Davies "Barn Door" wonder why?

"because my gran could have scored some of those chances (and she usually plays in defense)"

"When you dilly dally on the ball for 5 minutes like Fraser does, his only option is to go backwards."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ah yes - can't play a pass more than 5 yards and the majority of the time it goes backwards. looks like port vale fans have got fraser sussed out already - except they don't seem to be using "but he works hard" as an excuse

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Anyone who thinks Fraser is even half as good as Navarro, let alone Dicker or Crofts is frankly deluded. The ONLY thing Fraser had going for him in his time here was his commitment. That was value in the depths of a relegation struggle. OK we're down near the bottom but not as bad as last year. What we need is a bit MORE nouse about what pass to make, not more aimless running and hoofing. Also, Dickinson might not have played very well last night but at least we have seen some decent performances and goals from him, which is more than we could ever have said about Davies. Personally I value players who can pass, move and score goals over those who can just run around a lot.

Lady_Vale

Apr 5, 2008
Stoke on Trent
I look at Fraser with rose tinted glasses :) i still rate him though. Tbh the whole vale team were poor sat against boring burton. It was my most boring experience of football. But that was mainly cos of inbred burton fans. Vale fans were excellent

It was awful to be fair - I'm not sure what has happened to us in the last couple of weeks, we looked all set for a play-off push and then seem to have bottled it.

Saying that we have got a squad that nearly saw us slip into the BSP so we've done better than expected.

To be fair to Fraser (and it's not often I am these days) he started his Vale career well, seemed to be what we had been missing. I'm not sure giving him the captaincy was such a good idea. Many Vale fans think he should be relieved of this and the Captaincy handed to Owen who seems a little more level headed - how Fraser would react to that I don't know.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That is HILARIOUS!

"he only needs one goal to get his confidence up, then he'll be a brilliant player"

ha, what a load of toss.

Eye Ore!

Surely you're forgetting that as well as the "one goal to get his confidence up", the only other thing he needed to make him a veritable goal MACHINE was...... "a decent pre-season" :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Take no notice of them - I hope you come back for pre-season and prove them all wrong :thumbsup: :lolol:

Yep, that's all he needs -two decent pre-seasons, a bit of confidence, and he'll be SUPERB ! :lolol:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Holy cow, how did he not score more than 1? :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bet he scores tomorrow, and The Wizard and all the other Craig Davies fans will be on here giving it "I told you so".

Ultimately, he's a very average League 2 striker, which is why Slade and Poyet have gotten rid of him, and why his loan at Yeovil wasn't extended.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bet he scores tomorrow, and The Wizard and all the other Craig Davies fans will be on here giving it "I told you so".

Ultimately, he's a very average League 2 striker, which is why Slade and Poyet have gotten rid of him, and why his loan at Yeovil wasn't extended.

:lolol:

I'm not even a Craig Davies fan, I just dislike you, mainly because you get a kick from one of players failing, okay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here