Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies goal machine...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He was and never will be the answer. We'd be better off playing a 36 year old with a dodgy knee.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He has found his level then.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
he played well did he? he's a good little player is tommy, we've missed him this season.

Yes, saw him at ML too and he played well then, what he lacks in skill he makes up for in effort and determination. Anyhow i haven't seen albion play this season so couldn't compare him with our current midfield. But i hope TF proves albion wrong

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
No we haven't. All three of our CMs are comfortably better than him. Both him and Davies have found their level.

might be worth checking the stats from last season, our results improved hugely when fraser started played central midfield. he's no worse than crofts. and he's better than navarro. dicker and fraser played well alongside each other last season.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Yes, saw him at ML too and he played well then, what he lacks in skill he makes up for in effort and determination. Anyhow i haven't seen albion play this season so couldn't compare him with our current midfield. But i hope TF proves albion wrong

let me help you there. dicker is a class act. crofts is a bit like fraser but with more goals. navarro has improved but still doesn't impress

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
might be worth checking the stats from last season, our results improved hugely when fraser started played central midfield. he's no worse than crofts. and he's better than navarro. dicker and fraser played well alongside each other last season.

Plus he's homegrown, i always think that counts for something

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Plus he's homegrown, i always think that counts for something

me too. don't understand why some fans give the homegrowns less backing and patience than players signed from elsewhere. should be the other way round. i hoped fraser would be our captain one day. same goes with cox, this is somebody from sussex who the club developed and supported. but for some reason these things seem to be counted against him rather than for him

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Fraser flattered as he ran around alot. Wasn't a good enough footballer to ever move us forward towards the championship IMO. Slade recognised this and despite him playing 29 games league games for us (where all of about 8 games we were shite) got rid.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Fraser flattered as he ran around alot. Wasn't a good enough footballer to ever move us forward towards the championship IMO. Slade recognised this and despite him playing 29 games league games for us (where all of about 8 games we were shite) got rid.

this is my point exactly. you seem to think that players brought in from outside are automatically better than those developed from within. crofts came from that renowned hotbed of football talent gillingham. he is an okay league 1 defensive central midfield player. no more. fraser is an okay central league 1 midfield player who proved his worth back end of last season when given a run of games alongside dicker. why do you mark down our homegrown players yet mark up people signed on free transfers from gillingham of all places? not a pop at crofts by the way, i like crofts and he looks okay alongside dicker.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Dickinson scored 21 goals in that league and is shit in League 1.

Tells you all you need to know.

He's wank.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
this is my point exactly. you seem to think that players brought in from outside are automatically better than those developed from within. crofts came from that renowned hotbed of football talent gillingham. he is an okay league 1 defensive central midfield player. no more. fraser is an okay central league 1 midfield player who proved his worth back end of last season when given a run of games alongside dicker. why do you mark down our homegrown players yet mark up people signed on free transfers from gillingham of all places? not a pop at crofts by the way, i like crofts and he looks okay alongside dicker.

I couldn't care less where anyone comes from, all I care about is what they are worth to the side. Fraser wasn't good enough to improve us as a team after we stayed up as we were looking to move forward. I think the same about most of the players we lost last season. I don't see the point in being sentimental just because players come from Brighton.

I've not singled out Crofts, Navarro or Dicker as better just because they come from elsewhere.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I couldn't care less where anyone comes from, all I care about is what they are worth to the side. Fraser wasn't good enough to improve us as a team after we stayed up as we were looking to move forward. I think the same about most of the players we lost last season. I don't see the point in being sentimental just because players come from Brighton.

I've not singled out Crofts, Navarro or Dicker as better just because they come from elsewhere.

but we haven't really moved forward have we. fraser proved his worth to the side, he helped keep us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here