Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPS to prosecute roz over Ann de Vecchi poster?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
CPS to prosecute roz over Anne de Vecchi poster

The Crown Prosecution Service is considering prosecuting roz over the satirical 'WANTED' poster featuring an image of Anne de Vecchi, which was created in response to the Lewes District Council's stance on contesting John Prescott's Falmer decision.

Roz was asked by Lewes District Council, via Sussex Police, to remove the 'offending' item from her own website, which she declined, stating she did not wish to be intimidated by such bullying tactics.

Lewes District Council then took the matter further and have issued a formal allegation of harassment under the 'Protection from Harassment Act', to which Sussex Police asked the Crown Prosecution Service to ascertain if there were any grounds for complaint. The CPS believe that there may well be a case to answer, and will shortly be calling on roz to help with their inquiries.

No individual has been named as making the allegation, but it is strongly believed to be Anne de Vecchi herself.

Now this to me just sucks.

1. The image is on roz's website. You have to actively go searching for it. It's the cyber-equivalent of going into someone's bedroom and looking at their posters to see if you are being harassed.

2. Assuming that it is Anne de Vecchi is issuing the complaint, she is doing it under the guise of Lewes District Council, thereby spending more public money to suit her own political agenda. Similarly, it's Lewes District Council issung the complaint. Someone tell me - how do you harass the political, financial and social entity that is a Local Authority?

3. The CPS decided there was no case to answer when Anne de Vecchi's partner, former copper 'Thumper' Freeman allegedly assaulted an Argus photographer, despite there being plenty of evidence. If I were him, I'd consider a private prosecution.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So they are thinking of going ahead with it?
Unbelievable.
Roz I will come and visit you. I can bake a cake with a file in for you.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And I can bake a file with a cake in it

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
What an utter load of bollocks, this has to be the old boys network working here. Didn't the argus print one of the wanted posters, are LDC going after them? I very much doubt it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
What an utter load of bollocks, this has to be the old boys network working here. Didn't the argus print one of the wanted posters, are LDC going after them? I very much doubt it.

They did. It was front page in November.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
you're only postin' that 'cos she's logged off now...

...spare room made up.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ed and Roz, if there is ANYTHING that needs to happen, please do not hesitiate (i know you won't) to call on certain people.

Good luck.

x

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
What a complete stitch-up. And a complete waste of money. Mind you, it's part of a very worrying trend. Did anyone see the Dispatches programme on Channel 4 tonight? Yes, it was presented by Peter Hitchens, who is the kind of high Tory who most posters on here would sneer at, but he did seem to be genuninely worried at how our freedoms are being gradually eroded by this Government and that the police are now becoming a political force, arresting people for what they think, not what they do. For example, in Fleetwood, a Christian couple, who run a guest house, wanted to place some Christian literature alongside that of the Council, which was being used to promote homosexuality. They were visited by two policemen, to tell them that they should watch out or they would be arrested for hate crime. Peter Tatchell, of all people, defended them, saying that while he couldn't stand their views, he would defend their right to express them. Meanwhile, police in Bournemouth told traders that they should not report crimes with values below £75, as they would not be investigated, but if the traders detained the burglars, they would risk violating the burglars' human rights. What is happening to this country?:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
West Hoathly Seagull said:
What a complete stitch-up. And a complete waste of money. Mind you, it's part of a very worrying trend. Did anyone see the Dispatches programme on Channel 4 tonight? Yes, it was presented by Peter Hitchens, who is the kind of high Tory who most posters on here would sneer at, but he did seem to be genuninely worried at how our freedoms are being gradually eroded by this Government and that the police are now becoming a political force, arresting people for what they think, not what they do. For example, in Fleetwood, a Christian couple, who run a guest house, wanted to place some Christian literature alongside that of the Council, which was being used to promote homosexuality. They were visited by two policemen, to tell them that they should watch out or they would be arrested for hate crime. Peter Tatchell, of all people, defended them, saying that while he couldn't stand their views, he would defend their right to express them. Meanwhile, police in Bournemouth told traders that they should not report crimes with values below £75, as they would not be investigated, but if the traders detained the burglars, they would risk violating the burglars' human rights. What is happening to this country?:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

...the woman who was arrested by 14 police officers under anti-terrorism legislation "for standing at the Cenotaph in Whitehall and reading aloud a list of the British service men and woman who have died in Iraq."

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I remember laughing at stuff like that on "Not The Nine O'Clock News" and now it's a reality.

What a f***ing joke this country is becoming, albeit not an especially funny one. :(

Last edited:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I can't believe how low LDC will stoop, though guess as it's the taxpayer who's stumping up for all this, no wonder they don't stop. It just proves how petty and pathetic they really are.

Good luck Roz, I hope nothing comes of this.

I hope they go after roz with all they've got. Let her have it, make a fuss, really take her to task.
I believe that will go even further towards OUR cause, and what was the sign for anyway......was it to be hidden away so that no-one saw it?

Now EVERYONE will know, and LOADS of people will see it !!

If you are going to fly the flag, fly it high and fly it proudly.

I doubt that much will come of it even if roz loses a case - it will cost them to bring it, and that'll be another negative against their copybook.

Well done roz, have fun with it, you are working for the People's Front of Judea...... er...well perhaps not the last bit, but you get my point

:clap: :bhasign:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here