Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC and money

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Well, you are indeed entitled to your opinion.

My post no.199 on this thread shows your club was in the Premiership......and then 'broke the bank'.....twice.

Oh I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought we were referring to the upcoming season not 2005. I feel all embarrassed now.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Oh I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought we were referring to the upcoming season not 2005. I feel all embarrassed now.

Absolutely no need to apologise or feel embarrassed. We are merely supporters of our respective clubs.

I,m sure it was never personally your fault that your club did not have the necessary 'ingredients' to sustain a Premiership club anymore than I am in anyway, responsible for our wonderful and modern stadium with fantastic facilties, the large catchment area, our large fanbase....or the new £22 million Academy being built.

Just the luck of the draw.

Incidentally.....is mcgoldrick your nik on the BBS forum....? Looks as if you may well want to be a prolific poster on here with 9 posts already and you have only been registered 24 hours. Never understand why so many of you 'hide' behind new niks?

Do tell.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Incidentally.....is mcgoldrick your nik on the BBS forum....? Looks as if you may well want to be a prolific poster on here with 9 posts already and you have only been registered 24 hours. Never understand why so many of you 'hide' behind new niks?

Do tell.

Incidentally Colin I never understand why you seem to have it in for Palace fans and are sometimes quite venomous towards us but when meeting a few in real life away from the internet you are as nice as pie. I would like to know why this is? do tell?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Incidentally Colin I never understand why you seem to have it in for Palace fans and are sometimes quite venomous towards us but when meeting a few in real life away from the internet you are as nice as pie. I would like to know why this is? do tell?

LOL..!

You are quite right, I have met many Crystal Palace fans over the years....and those I,ve met and chatted to, have been impossible to dislike.....in fact quite the contrary.

However, you will know as well as I do, that many of the Crystal Palace posters on here are not interested in anything other than passive....and sometimes downright....trolling. They diminish much of the enjoyment of this forum......and there is more than one Crystal Palace posters on here with multiple accounts....Psycho Paul being one of them.

If our moderators had any sense, they would remove them and you never know....perhaps the continual spoiling of threads, bickering....bordering on hatred....might just be replaced by 'banter'......the like of which happens in real life.

A good start would be insisting all Crystal Palace posters, use the niks they have on your own forums.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
No I don't go on the BBS, I can't stand how it is laid out to be honest. It's coming up to the derby so fancied coming over to the other side to get a different perspective. I work in Brighton so am surrounded by the buzz (if that is what it is called) with the spendathon. New academy eh £22million eh? But I thought academies were an absolute gamble and luck of the draw as to what players are produced? That's an expensive gamble! But I guess you did sign CMS.

McGoldrick - just the name of one of my favourite players of yesteryear - no more.

OhSouthLondon

Mar 7, 2013
LOL..!

You are quite right, I have met many Crystal Palace fans over the years....and those I,ve met and chatted to, have been impossible to dislike.....in fact quite the contrary.

However, you will know as well as I do, that many of the Crystal Palace posters on here are not interested in anything other than passive....and sometimes downright....trolling. They diminish much of the enjoyment of this forum......and there is more than one Crystal Palace posters on here with multiple accounts....Psycho Paul being one of them.

If our moderators had any sense, they would remove them and you never know....perhaps the continual spoiling of threads, bickering....bordering on hatred....might just be replaced by 'banter'......the like of which happens in real life.

A good start would be insisting all Crystal Palace posters, use the niks they have on your own forums.

I'm up for that. Probably because I'm new to forums in general, and haven't been poisoned by the BBS / NSC hatred thing yet.
Cough, my names Andycol and I've been on the BBS for a few weeks now.
- I have moved south of gods country and enjoy proper banter with the weeds I know. I am too long in the tooth to spout shite for the sake of it, and will probably 'work abroad' for a month or so if you turn us over. Would prefer to do this on the BBS but most of the bha lot that venture over are stupid kids. Seems to be mirrored here with some of our lot tho.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No I don't go on the BBS, I can't stand how it is laid out to be honest. It's coming up to the derby so fancied coming over to the other side to get a different perspective. I work in Brighton so am surrounded by the buzz (if that is what it is called) with the spendathon. New academy eh £22million eh? But I thought academies were an absolute gamble and luck of the draw as to what players are produced? That's an expensive gamble! But I guess you did sign CMS.

McGoldrick - just the name of one of my favourite players of yesteryear - no more.

£29m :)

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
LOL..!

What! No I haven't, why would I want multiple accounts? I have accounts in the same name on HOL etc. but certainly can't be bother to set up different names & accounts on NSC, I like to wind you lot up a bit and I only need the one account to do that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
quite. i beleive Parish (and the other owners) has the best intentions for their club. however we know from our experience just how difficult it is to just find a site let alone gain permission and build a stadium. looking around South East london there are precious few spaces suitable (if they were, they'd be in the developers sights rather than Selhurst itself) and those they've called out are in another borough, hostile to a stadium. the likly solution is to redevelop where they are, but at what cost? is it suitable? will they get permission? how long will it take? important questions their fans should be asking, meanwhile theres a good chance the current stadium will be shut due to problems (i thought this was common knowledge, but apparently not - they may not be able to get insurance which will close or restrict the use. ironic when an owner is an insurer eh?). decrepit stadium, no real plan to fix it, no real alternatives to move to... starts to sound familiar.

It seems re-developing Selhurst is the likely outcome.The timescale and cost of it is any bodies guess,but there is no doubt that promotion would make it more likely to happen sooner .The footprint of the stadium is big enough for what we need, and plans are apparently being drawn up, so hopefully news may be forthcoming.
I don't think planning consent would be a problem, as Croydon council are on side, and want to keep the club in the borough.
As you know, this could take a few years to happen, but I'm sure there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It seems re-developing Selhurst is the likely outcome.The timescale and cost of it is any bodies guess,but there is no doubt that promotion would make it more likely to happen sooner .The footprint of the stadium is big enough for what we need, and plans are apparently being drawn up, so hopefully news may be forthcoming.
I don't think planning consent would be a problem, as Croydon council are on side, and want to keep the club in the borough.
As you know, this could take a few years to happen, but I'm sure there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Probably a good comparison is wolves as that is probably the most recent example of a redevelopment with the latest stand development coming in at about £18million. That is probably the most realistic option for Palace as the ground could be developed in phases reducing the financial risk. Wolves also made no secret that premier money would largely go towards redevelopment which I would assume would be your aim should you go up.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Ah ok, is that what is being built next to the stadium? between the stadium and the school.

I go past most days but never thought about what they were building to be honest.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
No, it's being built in lancing

Ah ok. It's a good setup - I can appreciate that - even as the enemy. Academies can be an excellent income provider and a saving for clubs of our size. I think it is vry important to get the high category sanding also so that the big fish cannot just come along and pick and choose as they please.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Ah ok. It's a good setup - I can appreciate that - even as the enemy. Academies can be an excellent income provider and a saving for clubs of our size. I think it is vry important to get the high category sanding also so that the big fish cannot just come along and pick and choose as they please.

Think we are going for category 2 as there's no accommodation. Also important for the 1st team to have decent facilities to train at - rather than the uni

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is there a vice verser thread on The Holmedale Online? Didn't think so.
Have Brighton gone into administration twice - didn't think so. When your club has robbed local businesses twice, there's no point whining that people remember it.

Btw, us going bust was the fans fault, that's why people such as you blame us.
I didn't know that.

Because the forum is full of piss taking, it's not real life.

Would prefer to do this on the BBS but most of the bha lot that venture over are stupid kids.
Brighton fans aren't allowed to post their opinion on the BBS, they get sent to the away end, so you're not going to get much debate on your main board.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think we are going for category 2 as there's no accommodation. Also important for the 1st team to have decent facilities to train at - rather than the uni

Category 2 initially with a view to become Category 1 I think.

OhSouthLondon

Mar 7, 2013
Brighton fans aren't allowed to post their opinion on the BBS, they get sent to the away end, so you're not going to get much debate on your main board.

Not true. Away fans can post on the BBS other than the away end, but need to keep it clean. ( see Fur cough) If you want to dish it out, then you would be directed to the away end.
Clearly it's not my place to suggest you could have a similar board, but it may placate the 'not another palace thread' crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here