Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cox & El-Abd

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone sitting in the North Stand catch what was going on between El-Abd & Cox? From the South Stand it initially looked like a bit of banter but when they pulled away from each other Cox seemed to take offense to something.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Probably didn't enjoy being merked by a centre back like bomber! :lolol:

Enjoyed his banter with the south stand, Responding to the 'Coxy what's the score' chant with a 2 nil gesture

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seemed to start off friendly enough then became progressively less so.

There was only ever going to be one winner though :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought these 2 were good mates too...

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Thought these 2 were good mates too...

I thought so too. Cox didn't celebrate when he scored against us in the JPT so I assumed there were no hard feelings, which was why I was suprised by his reaction.

On a slightly separate subject, I thought Cox had been one of their best players this season... Has he been in talks with other clubs? Wasn't sure why they didn't start him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cox kicked out at El Abd as they were getting up and Adam patted him on the head as if to say ' dont be a naughty boy' rather mockingly and Cox got the hump. That was how I saw it and it happened just in front of us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cox has just come back from injury/illness.

That said, if you read Orient boards, it would seem he blows hot & cold for them anyway.

Surely not, I hear you say...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looked to me like El Abd took the piss a bit with a nifty drag-back which sold Cox all ends up, then they ended up in a tangle, Bomber gave him a jovial hug but Cox's pride had by this time of course been FATALLY wounded. Hence the reaction.

It must be hard. Cox never asked to leave. Now he's looking at an all-conquering side powering its way to promotion, with a state-of-the-art stadium to move into in a few short months. Whilst he is stuck with a load of perrenial lower-league mugs trapped in a matchbox stadium, going nowhere.

Shit happens.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Hopefully everyone now seen why we got rid of Cox, he is a average league 1 player and we going in different direction to that kind of player nowadays.
With wingers like Bennett, Noone, Lua Lua etc.
I think its obvious now why Poyet got rid of and i said then was right move and now even more pleased as i think he was also a distraction in the camp.
El Abd vs Cox hehe dont make me laugh, thats like Mike Tyson vs Milky Bar kid.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
May well be, off the field. But on the field its different. As it should be.

Totally agree, the old adage says friends are friends until they cross the edge of the pitch in football, then its a job to be done. To be fair I always liked Dean and still believe his heart lies here. Still feel if he can get his mental attitude right, there's a very good player there, tends to like the nightlife though but didn't we all I. for one wish him all the best. Dean if you read this then the very best for the future I'm sure on behalf of others I wish you the best.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Looked to me like El Abd took the piss a bit with a nifty drag-back which sold Cox all ends up, then they ended up in a tangle, Bomber gave him a jovial hug but Cox's pride had by this time of course been FATALLY wounded. Hence the reaction.

It must be hard. Cox never asked to leave. Now he's looking at an all-conquering side powering its way to promotion, with a state-of-the-art stadium to move into in a few short months. Whilst he is stuck with a load of perrenial lower-league mugs trapped in a matchbox stadium, going nowhere.

Shit happens.

That was brilliant!

I actually thought Cox did really well when he came on, much more dangerous than than anyone else in their midfield. Always liked Cox, found it strange watching him against us today, found myself wanting him to do well!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Cox spent forever chatting to Elphick while warming up-in fact I think he did more chatting than warming up!- which was nice to see.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cox spent forever chatting to Elphick while warming up-in fact I think he did more chatting than warming up!- which was nice to see.

Elphick to Orient?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here