Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It sounds like none of this is going to happen till September at least - and the surge is happening now.
I expect cases to be much lower again by then (as inevitably these peaks can't last forever) so seems a bit daft to even be talking about it.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
as the vaccine reduces amount of virus, weakens it, decreases spread, yes we are.

there is no good reason not to get vaccinated. i'd agree normally we shouldn't force people into something, the thousands of ignorant anti-vaxxers seeking to freeload protection off the rest of society has convinced me there needs to be some compulsion. freedoms come with responsibilities.

There is a difference between being an anti-vaxxer and someone who is awaiting further information. It’s not about being opposed to a vaccine, it’s about waiting to see if there are any long time side effects.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
There is a difference between being an anti-vaxxer and someone who is awaiting further information. It’s not about being opposed to a vaccine, it’s about waiting to see if there are any long time side effects.

How long do you wait? 1 year, 2 , 10?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
How long do you wait? 1 year, 2 , 10?

Who knows. And this is why vaccine passports are never going to be a thing. It’s scare mongering of young people like me to getting a vaccine that they do not need.

I had covid in January. My partner has just had covid for the first time, in fact we are on our 10th day of isolation now. Since she’s had covid we’ve been in the same room, same bed, ate dinner together etc. Lived normally. I have still not tested positive for covid in the last 10 days. Negative again this morning.

My anti-bodies are doing just fine, I do not need a vaccine in my body of which I don’t know the potential long term side effects of, at my age.

I am not anti-vax as I said. I’ve had many other vaccines and jabs. But this one I just don’t believe in for me personally, and that should be my choice, for the valid reasons I have outlined above.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Who knows. And this is why vaccine passports are never going to be a thing. It’s scare mongering of young people like me to getting a vaccine that they do not need.

I had covid in January. My partner has just had covid for the first time, in fact we are on our 10th day of isolation now. Since she’s had covid we’ve been in the same room, same bed, ate dinner together etc. Lived normally. I have still not tested positive for covid in the last 10 days. Negative again this morning.

My anti-bodies are doing just fine, I do not need a vaccine in my body of which I don’t know the potential long term side effects of, at my age.

I am not anti-vax as I said. I’ve had many other vaccines and jabs. But this one I just don’t believe in for me personally, and that should be my choice, for the valid reasons I have outlined above.

I have quoted Commander below from the ‘will we have another lockdown thread. Hopefully that and your own further research will help allay your fears. You are putting yourself first and that’s fine but please remember that society will respond by putting itself first, hence vaccine passports.

As someone who runs a company in the clinical trial industry, can I just reiterate that this post is utterly and profoundly wrong. Just because you don't understand (haven't bothered to properly find out) how clinical trials work, doesn't mean that this vaccine has not been put through clinical trials. It is ASTONISHING that people are still claiming this.

In fact, I'd argue that it has had to jump through more safety hoops than 99% of drugs in human history, as modern clinical trials are set to such strict safety protocols. The only argument against the safety is the lack of long term effects, but that is the same with any new drug, as it has to be.

As a comparison, paracetamol would not get approval today, due to the toxicity of the drug. Never in a million years would it. But people are happy to munch on those when they have a headache, and I've never met anybody who's said "I don't want the Pfizer paracetamol, I want the GSK one" for example.

(I realise this post was days ago but I just saw it, and couldn't let it slide).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
qr code that contains your vaccination details. It doesn't 'need' to be downloaded but it's the simplest way of having the info readily available. It's within the NHS app (not the Covid app, the primary app)

Does the QR code/vaccination details sit in the cloud and have to be downloaded each and every time you want to show it? I’d be surprised if this is the case.

I have the EU Covid passport and whilst I initially had to download the app after this initial app download that’s it. My two jabs were installed into the app by scanning the QR codes, which doesn’t require a connection. And I just open the app to show my info in text and a code….no connection needed. All I need is my phone and some battery life.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does the QR code/vaccination details sit in the cloud and have to be downloaded each and every time you want to show it? I’d be surprised if this is the case.

I have the EU Covid passport and whilst I initially had to download the app after this initial app download that’s it. My two jabs were installed into the app by scanning the QR codes, which doesn’t require a connection. And I just open the app to show my info in text and a code….no connection needed. All I need is my phone and some battery life.

No - code stays in the App and is valid for 30 days.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Providing proof of antibodies (via testing) would also be permitted under this scheme I believe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No - code stays in the App and is valid for 30 days.

Okay. But surely once the 30 day code is in the app it doesn’t need downloading each time you to use it ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who knows. And this is why vaccine passports are never going to be a thing.

They’ve been a thing for almost a month in the EU and there’s no sign of them going away; quite the opposite intact.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On some levels I'd be really annoyed, because my 2nd vaccine is only a week before the first game st Burnley, and I don't see myself being allowed to go.

I think you should post the fact you can’t go to this shit hole in the Corona good news thread.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Hope you've never taken a paracetamol or other headache pill in your life. Read the small print and there are far more likely side effects to taking such over the counter medicines than the Covid jab.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Sure, Id agree it should be your choice too. But private companies like the Albion are going to limit what you can do as you are high risk to their commercial viability and so are governments as you pose a higher transmission and health risk to your fellow citizens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here