Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I think you should post the fact you can’t go to this shit hole in the Corona good news thread.

I don't mind Burnley as a place to go for a day, I found everybody there very friendly (outside the ground). I even got let out the car park for free just because the woman working there felt like being helpful :shrug:

I mean, I wouldn't choose to live there obviously.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Does the QR code/vaccination details sit in the cloud and have to be downloaded each and every time you want to show it? I’d be surprised if this is the case.

I have the EU Covid passport and whilst I initially had to download the app after this initial app download that’s it. My two jabs were installed into the app by scanning the QR codes, which doesn’t require a connection. And I just open the app to show my info in text and a code….no connection needed. All I need is my phone and some battery life.

Which App did you use? I have a paper EU Covid Passport and would like to upload it to my phone if possible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought I read most new vaccines/medicines take 3 years to roll out following various studies and safety tests

Pfizer, OAZ, Moderna met all the same stages of any other tested drugs with no shortcuts. But with the huge resources devoted to this and working closely in real time with regulators across the world eg CDC, EMA and MHRA, the timespan was drastically cut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which App did you use? I have a paper EU Covid Passport and would like to upload it to my phone if possible.

It’s called Cov Pass, it’s German app and I downloaded it from the German Apple store. I understand each country will have their own version of the app but the certificate it shows, and the all important QR code to whisk you through airports, will be identical. The app is really basic, it’s just a holder for the certificate, it doesn’t do anything. I have a friend living in Spain, I’ll see if he can point you to the app you need.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And if the Government responds by restricting capacities at football ?

There would be nothing stopping football clubs saying "No vaccine, no entry". It doesn't have to be law, these are private clubs that can impose their own conditions ie flasks and water bottles aren't illegal but clubs are within their rights to ban them

I suspect that if this were to happen, it would be a PL/EFL initiative rather than individual clubs

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
What would be the incentive for the PL/EFL or individual clubs to do that?

It only would piss off fans, particularly younger ones, that haven't had the double jab.

Off the top of my head, if there was an outbreak that were clearly traceable to a football game, that would make it more likely that the government would impose more restrictions that the clubs aren't happy with.

They may also be genuinely concerned for our health and well being...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There would be nothing stopping football clubs saying "No vaccine, no entry". It doesn't have to be law, these are private clubs that can impose their own conditions ie flasks and water bottles aren't illegal but clubs are within their rights to ban them

I suspect that if this were to happen, it would be a PL/EFL initiative rather than individual clubs

Highly unlikely clubs are going to give themselves that extra headache to manage if it’s not law.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Highly unlikely clubs are going to give themselves that extra headache to manage if it’s not law.

The EPL will just do it’s own thing as there is zero confidence in the Government. They did this at the beginning of the pandemic and cancelled EPL matches despite no Government advice to do so. They probably have their own system (that I strongly believe involves Covid passports) which will be rolled out for August. They simply can’t sit back and watch the directionless and profoundly incompetent government constantly u-turn one way or another until they think they’ve found the populist position. A big reduction in young people in EPL stadiums this season, some would say that’s refreshing.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

So what would be the purpose of Labour’s opposition to the plan ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The EPL will just do it’s own thing as there is zero confidence in the Government. They did this at the beginning of the pandemic and cancelled EPL matches despite no Government advice to do so. They probably have their own system (that I strongly believe involves Covid passports) which will be rolled out for August. They simply can’t sit back and watch the directionless and profoundly incompetent government constantly u-turn one way or another until they think they’ve found the populist position. A big reduction in young people in EPL stadiums this season, some would say that’s refreshing.

Covid passports 100% will not be in place in August or any earlier than end of Sept when there are people who haven’t even had chance of second jab. Also in a world where the ground will not be at capacity no chance the club will turn away another 20% of customers unless they have too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
???

Not allowing some people enter the game is more likely to result in a reduction of attendances than allowing anyone to enter the game... obviously.

There are still a lot of fearful people around. Some will undoubtedly stay away if cases are still high and there are few controls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here