Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The scanner shows the name of the holder, easy to check against the ticket.

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/international-covid-pass-verifier-app-user-guide/
Well at a supposed blue-riband, Government approved test event last week a likely minimum-wage temp steward had a cursory glance at my phone and waved me through (I showed him a screenshot code).

Huge queue behind me and several standing to the side as they tried to download the code on an overloaded network.

ID check, and match to QRC at a large sporting event? Carnage.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well at a supposed blue-riband, Government approved test event last week a likely minimum-wage temp steward had a cursory glance at my phone and waved me through (I showed him a screenshot code).

Huge queue behind me and several standing to the side as they tried to download the code on an overloaded network.

You can pre-download it, or have it emailed to yourself. Easy-peasy, just takes a bit of forward planning, much like remembering to pick up your season ticket before you leave the house. People will quickly get used to doing this, I'm sure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can pre-download it, or have it emailed to yourself. Easy-peasy, just takes a bit of forward planning, much like remembering to pick up your season ticket before you leave the house. People will quickly get used to doing this, I'm sure.
You're missing the point completely. I did. It wasn't checked properly. I could have shown the barcode from a bottle of ketchup and still got in.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You're missing the point completely. I did. It wasn't checked properly. I could have shown the barcode from a bottle of ketchup and still got in.

Not really, I was referring to your comment about huge queues and people standing around trying to download their code.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

I've walked into gigs and sports grounds literally holding a knife in my hand (in the form of a Swiss army knife that I had on my key ring and forgot to remove), no system reliant on some guy doing a quick check on the gate is reliable.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Exactly....so how is this 'passport' going to be enforced?

The only way I can imagine it working properly is to submit the passport in advance of receiving a ticket, and it being checked against a proper register of who's been given a vaccine.

To actually work as intended, the "have they actually received both vaccines" check has to take place before the fan reaches the gate.

I was, many months ago, very much against vaccine passports. But realistically at this point you're either on your way to getting vaccinated (my second is in a couple of weeks), medically exempt (can be excused if you really want to risk it) or are actively choosing not to be vaccinated (if you don't trust the vaccine programme, presumably you're not comfortable being in a football ground either so won't mind not being allowed in).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only way I can imagine it working properly is to submit the passport in advance of receiving a ticket, and it being checked against a proper register of who's been given a vaccine.

To actually work as intended, the "have they actually received both vaccines" check has to take place before the fan reaches the gate.

I was, many months ago, very much against vaccine passports. But realistically at this point you're either on your way to getting vaccinated (my second is in a couple of weeks), medically exempt (can be excused if you really want to risk it) or are actively choosing not to be vaccinated (if you don't trust the vaccine programme, presumably you're not comfortable being in a football ground either so won't mind not being allowed in).

This will be the answer I reckon. All season ticket holders will be getting an email soon with instructions how to add their NHS COVID double vacc certificate to their e-ticket. Anyone without an electronic pass will be forced to queue, socially distanced with a mask, in a field 2 miles from the Amex.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Excellent, that is fantastic news please can you back it up with data so I can show others?

How about we keep the discussion around how we get in the ground?
There are countless other threads to discuss / argue vaccines.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This will be the answer I reckon. All season ticket holders will be getting an email soon with instructions how to add their NHS COVID double vacc certificate to their e-ticket. Anyone without an electronic pass will be forced to queue, socially distanced with a mask, in a field 2 miles from the Amex.

4 miles, double masked and preferably a field each

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What code needs to be downloaded?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

On some levels I'd be really annoyed, because my 2nd vaccine is only a week before the first game st Burnley, and I don't see myself being allowed to go.

On the other hand, if that's what they decide, I can see the logic and I won't mind.

I expect to be annoyed anyway by the final decision being based on some arbitrary nonsense that makes no sense to anybody.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope whatever happens the club advises ticket holders well ahead of time, else will be chaos at the Amex come August (and everywhere else for that matter)

SAC

May 21, 2014
I hope whatever happens the club advises ticket holders well ahead of time, else will be chaos at the Amex come August (and everywhere else for that matter)

I agree but the club will need to wait on advise from the government which is often contradictory and very late in the day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On some levels I'd be really annoyed, because my 2nd vaccine is only a week before the first game st Burnley, and I don't see myself being allowed to go.

On the other hand, if that's what they decide, I can see the logic and I won't mind.

I expect to be annoyed anyway by the final decision being based on some arbitrary nonsense that makes no sense to anybody.

I think it will only fully come in at the end of sept, if it does at all.
[MENTION=29514]SAC[/MENTION] - I agree but the club will need to wait on advise from the government which is often contradictory and very late in the day.

I imagine this is why the PL is doing its own thing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here