Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found NOT GUILTY

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It was more to the point that the case shouldn't have gone to court, not that they should be paying their own legal fees.

I completely agree but it did for probably the best part of a month all in all. Yet us the taxpayer has to pay for it all. Knowing first hand how much these things cost my guess would be the cost of this case will be well into six figures. So I'm pleased that those costs are being met for the defendants even though it's coming out of the taxpayers pocket.

Why should they be punished financially when the person in the wrong was some fame hungry tart who felt aggrieved because she had her heart broken by half of the squad by the sounds of things!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I completely agree but it did for probably the best part of a month all in all. Yet us the taxpayer has to pay for it all. Knowing first hand how much these things cost my guess would be the cost of this case will be well into six figures. So I'm pleased that those costs are being met for the defendants even though it's coming out of the taxpayers pocket.

Why should they be punished financially when the person in the wrong was some fame hungry tart who felt aggrieved because she had her heart broken by half of the squad by the sounds of things!

Barrister's fees are well in the mid-hundreds of pounds an hour. The ones at the Old Bailey probably more....and I agree. They shouldn't be out of pocket. They were found not guilty. Making them pay adds insult to injury. I dare say their solicitor's fees are still due though and I've not seen mention of that coming from the public purse.

I've got more of a problem with litigious arsehats like John Catt getting Legal Aid tbh.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Questionable behaviour on both sides.

Glad they haven't got a criminal record for it, but they really shouldn't be putting their cocks near a pissed up sleeping girl who they only just met. If it was your friend or sister you'd be pretty pissed off.

She has no credibility at all - she only reported it after she split up with Kaz, because he made up some bullshit about spreading videos that may or may not have ever existed, WTF is that all about. I don't doubt that she felt humiliated but is that any reason to try and ruin people's lives?

Waste of the court's time, they should've all gone on Jeremy Kyle and saved alot of time, money and heartache.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I find it interesting that (if I remember correctly) the first jury had a higher woman-to-man ration whereas this jury had a higher man-to-woman ratio.

Research shows that men are more inclined to believe the alleged victim in rape/sexual assault trials apparently.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I find it interesting that (if I remember correctly) the first jury had a higher woman-to-man ration whereas this jury had a higher man-to-woman ratio.

When the first jury acquitted Dunk of voyuerism, but couldn't reach a majority decision on the other seven charges, I thought it was like 9-3 or 8-4 for guilty. Barring a massive swing in evidence presented in this trial, it might indicate the majority of the first jury were for acquittal on all charges ???

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Barrister's fees are well in the mid-hundreds of pounds an hour. The ones at the Old Bailey probably more....and I agree. They shouldn't be out of pocket. They were found not guilty. Making them pay adds insult to injury. I dare say their solicitor's fees are still due though and I've not seen mention of that coming from the public purse.

Because they (at least three of them) paid privately and were found not guilty doesn't mean they would get their money back. Would be up to the judge. Daftly had they got legal aid then they wouldn't have as much of an issue.

I've got more of a problem with litigious arsehats like John Catt getting Legal Aid tbh.

Well true, how much money has that old goat got? His house alone must be worth £750k?? Not that it means anything. Basically now if you are full time employed regardless of how much you earn you can't get legal aid in the magistrates court you have to pay privately. They don't seem to care what your circumstance is just about how much money you earn.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hooray, and perhaps one has to question the integrity of the plaintiff ??

But,

It is fantastic that this matter has (so to speak) been put to bed and that (specifically) LD and GB can put it behind them and get on with being promising footballers for BHA.

However, FFS, this should be a warning for others not to get involved with anyone (under any circumstances) where their future career can be compromised under 'banter'

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
great news. In my opinion naievity rather than anything sinister.
Let's hope they all get over this horror of a season and fulfill their potentials in the coming years.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
A lesson learned for the 4 of them: but what about the judiciary? A case like this at the Old Bailey! Absolutely ridiculous and disgraceful. The CPS prosecutors should be made to pay the costs from their own pockets.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A lesson learned for the 4 of them
What is the lesson that Dunk has learnt? Don't go into your mates hotel room, and go to sleep on the floor?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Glad they haven't got a criminal record for it, but they really shouldn't be putting their cocks near a pissed up sleeping girl who they only just met. If it was your friend or sister you'd be pretty pissed off.

She has no credibility at all - she only reported it after she split up with Kaz, because he made up some bullshit about spreading videos that may or may not have ever existed, WTF is that all about. I don't doubt that she felt humiliated but is that any reason to try and ruin people's lives?

Waste of the court's time, they should've all gone on Jeremy Kyle and saved alot of time, money and heartache.

Pretty much this.

How the CPS has decided to take this to court TWICE is staggering. once maybe, but in the first trial it became clear that the girl had lied, lied and lied again, changed her story and had no credibility.

But the players must have a look at themselves and no put themselves in such a position again hope they can all, including the girl, move on.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea

It is my recollection that Kaz split with her on Christmas Eve and smashed her mobile down the drain because he discovered that she had been having sex with another player while she was supposedly his girlfriend ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From the Argus site.

Speaking in response to the verdict, Barbara Green, director of survivors’ network at Sussex’s Rape Crisis Centre said: “ I am very disappointed that the jury felt unable to believe this woman’s account of the abuse she suffered.

"My support and sympathy are extended to her and the thousands of other women who feel that they have experienced sexual violence and have been failed by the criminal justice system.

"Given these kind of judgements it is no wonder that only 11% of women report sexual abuse and rape to the police.

"Recent high profile cases of historical sexual abuse show that a flaw in our society is that people are not believed when they report sexual violence.

"Our 22 years of experience has shown us that people do not feel that they will be believed when they tell someone about their abuse.

"The police and the CPS felt that they had a strong enough case to bring this to trial.

"We support all women who have experienced sexual violence, abuse or rape, whether they choose to go to the police or not.

"We will continue to challenge the secrecy and disbelief around abuse, working to break the silence among our community."

What this stupid women doesn't realise is her bigoted view causes more damage to women than anything in this case other than perhaps the lies the girl told.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From the Argus site.

Speaking in response to the verdict, Barbara Green, director of survivors’ network at Sussex’s Rape Crisis Centre said: “ I am very disappointed that the jury felt unable to believe this woman’s account of the abuse she suffered.

"My support and sympathy are extended to her and the thousands of other women who feel that they have experienced sexual violence and have been failed by the criminal justice system.

"Given these kind of judgements it is no wonder that only 11% of women report sexual abuse and rape to the police.

"Recent high profile cases of historical sexual abuse show that a flaw in our society is that people are not believed when they report sexual violence.

"Our 22 years of experience has shown us that people do not feel that they will be believed when they tell someone about their abuse.

"The police and the CPS felt that they had a strong enough case to bring this to trial.

"We support all women who have experienced sexual violence, abuse or rape, whether they choose to go to the police or not.

"We will continue to challenge the secrecy and disbelief around abuse, working to break the silence among our community."

What this stupid women doesn't realise is her bigoted view causes more damage to women than anything in this case other than perhaps the lies the girl told.

That woman's comments imply that we shouldn't even bother giving the accused a fair trial if a rape or sexual assault charge is brought.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Fully expecting this to get deleted, however...

If this woman has told "a pack of lies" as has been proven by jury in a court of law, then she should face the consequences. There's something very different between regretting what she has done, and going to the police for rape. She should be charged for wasting police time, court time, lying in court, whatever else they can throw at her.

Obviously the players are by no means angels, what they did was stupid to say the least, but they're young, I wonder how many times this sort of thing has happened at different clubs and gone unreported. Certainly when I used to be in Brighton there were young women in short skirts practically throwing themselves at the players in clubs / bars.

As well, doesn't this just highlight the fact that people charged with rape should remain anonymous until proven guilty of these horrendous crimes? So much for innocent until proven guilty...

Apart from the difference between failing to have an allegation proven and being proved - rather than suspected - of having lied - as opposed to being mistaken - about what happened, its better not to talk about being charged with rape when the charges were sexual assault and voyeurism. Sorry if that seems pedantic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here