Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found NOT GUILTY

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
And so they ****ing should! Some anonymous bint with a fixation for footballers has made these lads life hell for the last couple of years. She will walk away a loser in the case but with no further action with the majority of the world not knowing who the **** she is. Those 4 lads will have this against their character for the rest of their lives!

It was more to the point that the case shouldn't have gone to court, not that they should be paying their own legal fees.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And so they ****ing should! Some anonymous bint with a fixation for footballers has made these lads life hell for the last couple of years. She will walk away a loser in the case but with no further action with the majority of the world not knowing who the **** she is. Those 4 lads will have this against their character for the rest of their lives!

Indeed, it is just so fortunate that they were not found guilty. Silly? Probably yes. Criminals? What a waste of court time!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Pretty much this. Although put it this way: my personal views on those lads hasn't changed one jot as a result of all this. Not sure that's true of the general public though. As for that girl: there's a word for girls who act like that. In fact there's several, none of which are acceptable on here.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Read hans' post again. He is saying only one of the three incidents involved criminal activity. He isn't denying lualua was involved in the crime of affray.

There was criminal activity in fact 2 and 3. I will give you that fact 1 may or may not have happened as I cannot find where the defence have denied the accusation from the alledged vitim so this could be a lie;

The victim claims Lualua had told her that pictures and a video of her in the hotel room on the night of Saturday, July 16, 2011 had been passed amongst players and club officials and he was threatening to post it on YouTube.

My whole point is that he is being mentioned in 3 court cases in the space of 1-2 years, how many last chances does he get? get rid.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Awaits Sundays Mirror/Sun exclusive.
"My evening with the Brighton Footballers"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I have not said he was guilty of anything, he was involved directly and indirectly in 3 criminal offences, this is undeniable.

Fact: He wound her up about her photographs being shown around the club and kidded her that a video would be put on YouTube.
Fact: He was involved in an affray, he may or may not have been guilty, we will now never know.
Fact: He smashed a girl's phone and threw it down a drain. It now turns out that girl was the same girl involved in Fact 1.

All of these facts have been said in various forms of media. All I am saying is, is he a good role model for the younger players? Players that are constantly bringing the spot light onto the club for bad reasons is not a good thing. Is his football really worth the hassle?

People are just trying to do you a favour pal. Let's hope for your sake that Kaz doesn't fancy a court date as the complainant in a libel case.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Yes they do, but that doesn't mean they always make sensible decisions, and it doesn't mean we're not allowed to say that we think this was a bad decision. It's cost us (taxpayers) a lot of money, and it's right for us to question how they spend our money.

It's good that you read my post then, because I said its not the girls fault, its The CPS who make the decisions. Feel free to have a pop at them. But we do have trials that involve people being able to be found not guilty.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Awaits Sundays Mirror/Sun exclusive.
"My evening with the Brighton Footballers"

Wouldn't surprise me given her apparent obsession with BHA players and that she clearly has a score to settle for feeling humiliated (in a non-sexual and legal manner) by the actions of a player that she dated and his team mates. She needs to take some responsibility for getting pissed and allowing herself to be made a fool of and learn a lesson from it - we've all been there to some extent or another when it comes to fancying someone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was criminal activity in fact 2 and 3. I will give you that fact 1 may or may not have happened as I cannot find where the defence have denied the accusation from the alledged vitim so this could be a lie;

The victim claims Lualua had told her that pictures and a video of her in the hotel room on the night of Saturday, July 16, 2011 had been passed amongst players and club officials and he was threatening to post it on YouTube.

My whole point is that he is being mentioned in 3 court cases in the space of 1-2 years, how many last chances does he get? get rid.

Fact one: is an allegation, not a fact, and if it occurred winding someone up is not a crime, or else kaz would have been on trial with the other four players all of whom were found not guilty
Fact two: is not being denied. A court case occurred, and no one is denying his link to that crime
Fact three: is an allegation, not a fact. It is an allegation that has not been proven, and will not be proven as the prosecution has dropped the case, so no crime officially happened. He is innocent until proven guilty, and as he has not been proven guilty he is still and will remain innocent.

There is a world of difference between being mentioned in three court cases, and being linked to three crimes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Do Unfortunately jurors can be quite dim, as exampled by the recent case where the jury asked the judge if they could make their decision based of hearsay, and other 'evidence' they had learned outside of the court.

Unlikely the normal people on this board who on this thread and many others have showed an insane lack of intelligence and knowledge on libel, defamation and contempt of court and how court cases work generally

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fact one: is an allegation, not a fact, and if it occurred winding someone up is not a crime, or else kaz would have been on trial with the other four players all of whom were found not guilty
Fact two: is not being denied. A court case occurred, and no one is denying his link to that crime
Fact three: is an allegation, not a fact. It is an allegation that has not been proven, and will not be proven as the prosecution has dropped the case, so no crime officially happened. He is innocent until proven guilty, and as he has not been proven guilty he is still and will remain innocent.

There is a world of difference between being mentioned in three court cases, and being linked to three crimes.

Give it up he seems unwilling or unable to accept that view, fair few have tried now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
put it this way: my personal views on those lads hasn't changed one jot as a result of all this.
Likewise.

It's good that you read my post then, because I said its not the girls fault, its The CPS who make the decisions. Feel free to have a pop at them. But we do have trials that involve people being able to be found not guilty.
Yes, it is not the girl alone that brought these charges. I wasn't on the jury, and so I don't know the full facts, and I accept that weakness in what I've taken from this case. But I am amazed at the lack of actual evidence I've seen posted either here or on the court twitter feed (and I accept that not all evidence has been posted). I am also quite surprised to see it said that the girl took a day off work to go to pride, and told the court she was drugged. She also claimed to have been drugged and not drunk on the night of the alleged offense, but her friend said they had had 15 shots and a bottle of wine before the claimant went on to drink more at the club.

As a side note, I am aware that a lot of women are assaulted, raped, etc, and a lot of women feel unable to report the crimes they have suffered, and this case does not affect my view on other cases at all.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They're innocent of all charges, bottom line, and a massive life-changer for the players. But I am sure behind the scenes there have been some very stern words from family, club and downwards warning them never to put themselves in anything like that same situation again.

And I feel very sorry for any women who are genuine victims of assault or rape whose lives and decisions to proceed to trial are made more difficult by the actions and lies of this woman.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found

Always thought they sounded innocent. Women sounded a trouble maker.

Glad proved innocent.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder if the case had anything to do with the releasing of Rogers at the end of the season...its a shame if it did as it must have taken a toll on his football, and you could probably say the same for Dunk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I tell you what surprised me about all this. That's working-class lads getting their d*cks out in front of each other. I genuinely thought it was only rugger bugger public-school types who were into that sort of thing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder if the case had anything to do with the releasing of Rogers at the end of the season...its a shame if it did as it must have taken a toll on his football, and you could probably say the same for Dunk

I'm sure he wasn't released because of his involvement, or Barker wold have gone too. But, as you say, if the effect of the case (stress, missed training, etc) led to him performing below his full potential, then it certainly could have been a factor.

It has undeniably stunted Dunk's progress.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I tell you what surprised me about all this. That's working-class lads getting their d*cks out in front of each other. I genuinely thought it was only rugger bugger public-school types who were into that sort of thing.

I think its the added element of a GIRL being present that makes the crucial difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here