Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found NOT GUILTY

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Getting interesting again. Please draw your own conclusions, but don't post them here.....

12:11pm

Redwood said in autumn 2011 he and the victim went back to the house he shared with Rodgers, Barker and Ben Sampayo.

He said she knew who he lived with and showed no reluctance.

He said they stripped down to their underwear and attempted to have sex and then stopped.

12:04pm

Asked why he sprayed Barker's initials on the victim's leg, Redwood said: "There was no reason. I just done it. I did not think."

12:00pm

On the night in Lola Lo, he said he saw the victim kissing, hugging and dancing with Roland Bergkamp.

Outside the club, Redwood said the victim told him she loved him and wanted him to take her back to his hotel.

He said no and told her to get a cab home.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Getting interesting again. Please draw your own conclusions, but don't post them here.....

12:11pm

Redwood said in autumn 2011 he and the victim went back to the house he shared with Rodgers, Barker and Ben Sampayo.

He said she knew who he lived with and showed no reluctance.

He said they stripped down to their underwear and attempted to have sex and then stopped.

12:04pm

Asked why he sprayed Barker's initials on the victim's leg, Redwood said: "There was no reason. I just done it. I did not think."

12:00pm

On the night in Lola Lo, he said he saw the victim kissing, hugging and dancing with Roland Bergkamp.

Outside the club, Redwood said the victim told him she loved him and wanted him to take her back to his hotel.

He said no and told her to get a cab home.

Related to this, on Wednesday George Barker was giving his evidence relating to Redwood (who he was rooming with):
2:23pm

Barker said the plan was not to go back to his hotel room that night.

He added: "Because Leon was having a friend round and when he has a friend round to the hotel, usually the other goes to somebody else's room."

Asked whether it was a common arrangement, Barker said it happened every now and then.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I believe all evidence giving is now complete and summings up will begin on Monday

Summing up been going on for last couple of days. Looks like the jury could be sent out to consider by the end of today.

Looking at the updates it seems the defence have been much more 'aggressive' in terms of questioning the validity of the alleged victim.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at the updates it seems the defence have been much more 'aggressive' in terms of questioning the validity of the alleged victim.
Hardly seen any updates compared to last time.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hardly seen any updates compared to last time.

Argus has done live updates every day, probably less on here as there hasn't been a lot of stuff said that we didn't know from the last trial.

Biggest revelation seems to be that the alleged victim allegedly visited Leon Redwood's home after the incident despite knowing that he lived with a number of the accused.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Argus has done live updates every day, probably less on here as there hasn't been a lot of stuff said that we didn't know from the last trial.
Ok, cheers.
Biggest revelation seems to be that the alleged victim allegedly visited Leon Redwood's home after the incident despite knowing that he lived with a number of the accused.
Yes, that bit didn't pass me by:
EH????

CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK 1h
Woman in masturbating Brighton footballers case admits she spent night at their home after her 'horrific ordeal.'
Really very surprising, although I wouldn't want to overstate it, without knowing the details (for example, she may have known that none of the others would be there - but it'd still be weird).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This was amusing today:

11:54am

Mr Lodder on victim's initial report to police, giving "wrong clothing, wrong route, wrong information", adding: "She said one of them was called Jack because she thought George Barker looked like he should be called Jack.

"That would have to be an extraordinary piece of detective work to find George Barker.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed

Ok, cheers.

Yes, that bit didn't pass me by:
Really very surprising, although I wouldn't want to overstate it, without knowing the details (for example, she may have known that none of the others would be there - but it'd still be weird).

Maybe it's because she didn't remember who her alleged assaulters were until January (just after she'd split up with an un-named albion player).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"That would have to be an extraordinary piece of detective work to find George Barker.
Shouldn't laugh (must remember the seriousness of this case).
Maybe it's because she didn't remember who her alleged assaulters were until January (just after she'd split up with an un-named albion player).
I would think that if you've been sexually assaulted by people that you know of, you're not going to forget them in a hurry.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed

Shouldn't laugh (must remember the seriousness of this case).
I would think that if you've bee sexually assaulted by people that you know of, you're not going to forget them in a hurry.

I think that the defence barristers have said something similar in their summing up today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed

Argus is expecting a verdict tomorrow.

It will be great if we can get back to just having one scandal at a time........

How can they think that ? ??

The last jury took about a week and still didn't agree.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It will be great if we can get back to just having one scandal at a time........

How can they think that ? ??

The last jury took about a week and still didn't agree.

The wording is that 'the jury will be sent out to come to a verdict some time tomorrow', not that they will come to a verdict tomorrow.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

You have to worry that at the moment our only potential good news might be that none of our players are sex offenders

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
You have to worry that at the moment our only potential good news might be that none of our players are sex offenders

Indeed. The national press seem to have passed this by in favour of poogate. Guess with all the material our club is providing at the moment they were caught between two stools..................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here