Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couple of logic puzzles..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
These teste are used by the British intelligence service to assess recruits. They have been on a TV program recently so if you saw it try not to spoil it...

1: A man goes to bed at 10.30pm. He winds his alarm to go off at noon. How many hours sleep does he get?

2: Don is standing behind Ron. Ron is standing behind Don. How can this be?

Maybe you will find them easy but I struggled with the first one.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
These teste are used by the British intelligence service to assess recruits. They have been on a TV program recently so if you saw it try not to spoil it...

1: A man goes to bed at 10.30pm. He winds his alarm to go off at noon. How many hours sleep does he get?

2: Don is standing behind Ron. Ron is standing behind Don. How can this be?

Maybe you will find them easy but I struggled with the first one.

Is it his father ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. An hour and a half. The 'clue' is in the winding of the alarm clock since wind-up alarm clocks have no concept of AM or PM - 12 o'clock is just the next occurring 12 o'clock.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
1. An hour and a half. The 'clue' is in the winding of the alarm clock since wind-up alarm clocks have no concept of AM or PM - 12 o'clock is just the next occurring 12 o'clock.

Spot on. I guess that is the end of that. well done :D

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover

I,m sure some posh wind up clocks do AM + PM , hence my lack of certainty on this one

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A man went to a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early. Everyone else at the party who drank the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die? (the man did not add the poison and nothing was added to punch after he left.)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The poison sank so therefore the top of the liquid was safe.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bozza would you like to join the Intelligence service? You have triumphantly answered the only two questions needed to become an operative!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
A man went to a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early. Everyone else at the party who drank the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die? (the man did not add the poison and nothing was added to punch after he left.)

Can you stop it with these silly questions! I'm still trying to work out how Ron & Don can bum each other at the same time! :glare:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

It was not the punch that killed them but the food served after he left?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here