Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to a sell out v Cardiff

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
741 tickets remaining (before we get extra when cardiff take lower allocation)
E1F =12
S1G =39
S1H =406
W1A = 14
W1H = 46
W1I = 224

I think the ticket prices are high but with still 4 weeks to sell these what are the chances we will sell out the home ends for the opening game ?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Cardiff who the f**k are cardiff, we're going to hammer them, come on Albion!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I wonder if the match by match market from last year all have season tickets now and it might be a struggle to shift the tickets this year?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I wonder if the match by match market from last year all have season tickets now and it might be a struggle to shift the tickets this year?

They will at those prices! Sorry to keep on but at £20-£25 a ticket we would sell out most games.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They will at those prices! Sorry to keep on but at £20-£25 a ticket we would sell out most games.

That is exactly how I feel mate. I've bought a season ticket but I'm really pissed off about the matchday prices. It means its only a matter of time before ST's go up 15% aswell. Thing is, it's starting to make me think, maybe I won't bother with a ST next year. If its gonna be easy to buy tickets, I'll just go when I feel like it because prices of everything (in the ground) are gonna go up and up, and I can only make half of games. My mate that buys my spare, but he won't when he realises that he can get in any game he wants anyway, as they no longer sell out. I know I'll pay £5 or £6 more per game but I'll go less. It's just all to do with cost and the way things are going, BHAFC might price me out.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That is exactly how I feel mate. I've bought a season ticket but I'm really pissed off about the matchday prices. It means its only a matter of time before ST's go up 15% aswell. Thing is, it's starting to make me think, maybe I won't bother with a ST next year. If its gonna be easy to buy tickets, I'll just go when I feel like it because prices of everything (in the ground) are gonna go up and up, and I can only make half of games. My mate that buys my spare, but he won't when he realises that he can get in any game he wants anyway, as they no longer sell out. I know I'll pay £5 or £6 more per game but I'll go less. It's just all to do with cost and the way things are going, BHAFC might price me out.

Agreed, I already see pints and pies have gone up as well. I love The Amex and I love BHA but there soon becomes a breaking point that people are not prepared to pay or able to pay. The Amex should remember that it is called the community stadium, therefore it should have affordable prices to serve the community of Brighton and Hove.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
If people are serious about us pushing for promotion / being a Premiership team in the near future they need to be prepared to pay the extra £££££, so we are able to get the players we need in.

Also may I add the state of the art Stadium / Youth acadamy / training ground isnt cheap.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If people are serious about us pushing for promotion / being a Premiership team in the near future they need to be prepared to pay the extra £££££, so we are able to get the players we need in.

Also may I add the state of the art Stadium / Youth acadamy / training ground isnt cheap.

Of all clubs, with our history, we should be placing more importance on accessability for the whole community to games over blind commercial ambition and success. Many clubs have sensible pricing and are in the Prem or Championship.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Welcome to the era of Mr Barber......

It's unfortunate that the club have seemingly set aside particular blocks for match-day sales (for no discernable reason), rather than let people buy STs wherever they want to go. This means there will be areas of the ground with obvious areas of empty seating for those games we don't sell out.

And why didn't the club carry on selling STs right up until the start of the season? I'm sure they could have shifted a few hundred more.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Of all clubs, with our history, we should be placing more importance on accessability for the whole community to games over blind commercial ambition and success. Many clubs have sensible pricing and are in the Prem or Championship.

Yes but don't these clubs in the Premier League have super rich billionaires to pay the debt every week. Please tell me how the likes of Fulham, QPR and other clubs are surviving every week. The wages being paid out each week, has got to be more than they are getting in ticket sales.

If we want Premiership football in the future, we are going to have pay unfortunately. We can't have it both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just bought mine. £70 for two, wowsers. Still, its most likely my only game of the season and I get to see the new stands.

I don't get the pricing because there are so few game-by-game tickets available. If you're selling 10,000 tickets, then a £5 price rise gets a nice 50k in the bank. But with just 500 or so available, what difference does that £1500 make? its probably just a goal bonus for Vicente. IMO the difference between STH and pay-on-the-day is too much. Maybe that's the point :shrug:

I really don't seethe issue here. Two factors, the market and the fact that travel is included.

Firstly the market. Last year the cheapest tickets for sale on a match by match basis were in the south stand for £24 and were more expensive if no south stand seats were available. This year the cheapest will be £28, but last year we sold out every game, so anyone arguing for a price reduction needs their head examining.

This year there will be even less seats available if the away team takes their full allocation.

Now this year the price includes travel. I am guessing many of the moaners are those who stole, thieved or dodged paying for their train fare last year. Call it what you will, but if you didn't pay, someone else did. That someone was the club.

So, before you continue to moan, consider that someone coming from Shoreham who did not steal their transport, will actually be paying 50p less this year, than if they turned up at Shoreham station and bought a ticket and a train fare.

Contrats to the club for considering their fans and lowering their overall prices, which is admirable in the current climate, and astonishing when you consider we are the only championship club to have a wonderful new stadium with paddded seats, a great manager, and superb squad, a state of the art training ground in the pipeline and a truly fantastic season to look forward to.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Captain Miserable....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I really don't seethe issue here. Two factors, the market and the fact that travel is included.

Firstly the market. Last year the cheapest tickets for sale on a match by match basis were in the south stand for £24 and were more expensive if no south stand seats were available. This year the cheapest will be £28, but last year we sold out every game, so anyone arguing for a price reduction needs their head examining.

This year there will be even less seats available if the away team takes their full allocation.

Now this year the price includes travel. I am guessing many of the moaners are those who stole, thieved or dodged paying for their train fare last year. Call it what you will, but if you didn't pay, someone else did. That someone was the club.

So, before you continue to moan, consider that someone coming from Shoreham who did not steal their transport, will actually be paying 50p less this year, than if they turned up at Shoreham station and bought a ticket and a train fare.

Contrats to the club for considering their fans and lowering their overall prices, which is admirable in the current climate, and astonishing when you consider we are the only championship club to have a wonderful new stadium with paddded seats, a great manager, and superb squad, a state of the art training ground in the pipeline and a truly fantastic season to look forward to.

How dare you exaplin it in such terms, how dare you clearly explain what some fuckwits seem unable to grasp. Don't you realise, it's a conspiracy, a RIP OFF, the club have sold their soul to the Devil via Mr Barber, they hate us all.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

kingcole my favorite ever poster...perhaps you could send that to the club and get them to advertise tickets differently so everyone undertsand that if they click on a ticket behind the goal and it charges £30 that includes a £2 booking fee (they need to drop this surely) and their travel (its £4.40 for return jouney on bus in Brighton) so yeh if i were to buy a ticket it would only be £23.60 for the actual match ticket. simples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here