Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to a sell out v Cardiff

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
So how much are Cardiff fans actually paying? I can't see it on their site.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
kingcole my favorite ever poster...perhaps you could send that to the club and get them to advertise tickets differently so everyone undertsand that if they click on a ticket behind the goal and it charges £30 that includes a £2 booking fee (they need to drop this surely) and their travel (its £4.40 for return jouney on bus in Brighton) so yeh if i were to buy a ticket it would only be £23.60 for the actual match ticket. simples

Perfect........ :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
So if you walk or ride a bike to the stadium and don't use the travel voucher can you claim the £4 back?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So if you walk or ride a bike to the stadium and don't use the travel voucher can you claim the £4 back?

I guess if you are one of the very few that do that, you should direct that question to the club. Then again, we all paid the travel voucher at Withdean for over 10 years, and I don't think anyone had any luck getting their ticket prices reduced there.

kingcole my favorite ever poster...perhaps you could send that to the club and get them to advertise tickets differently so everyone undertsand that if they click on a ticket behind the goal and it charges £30 that includes a £2 booking fee (they need to drop this surely) and their travel (its £4.40 for return jouney on bus in Brighton) so yeh if i were to buy a ticket it would only be £23.60 for the actual match ticket. simples

Blush!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The club cannot drop the £2 booking fee , they actually lose money on a multi purchase transaction. All to do with licencing and payment rights for using the online booking system software

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I agree the club should definitely be doing more to publicise the fact that the ticket cost includes free travel.

D

Deleted member 18477

That is exactly how I feel mate. I've bought a season ticket but I'm really pissed off about the matchday prices. It means its only a matter of time before ST's go up 15% aswell. Thing is, it's starting to make me think, maybe I won't bother with a ST next year. If its gonna be easy to buy tickets, I'll just go when I feel like it because prices of everything (in the ground) are gonna go up and up, and I can only make half of games. My mate that buys my spare, but he won't when he realises that he can get in any game he wants anyway, as they no longer sell out. I know I'll pay £5 or £6 more per game but I'll go less. It's just all to do with cost and the way things are going, BHAFC might price me out.

Kind of agree. Football isn't a priority for me. Mortgage, bills, being able to run a car are!

First of all I won't buy merchandise then I'll cut out the pies and beer etc then I will go match by match when I can afford to and then... I'm not even going to say it!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I really don't seethe issue here. Two factors, the market and the fact that travel is included.

Firstly the market. Last year the cheapest tickets for sale on a match by match basis were in the south stand for £24 and were more expensive if no south stand seats were available. This year the cheapest will be £28, but last year we sold out every game, so anyone arguing for a price reduction needs their head examining.

This year there will be even less seats available if the away team takes their full allocation.

Now this year the price includes travel. I am guessing many of the moaners are those who stole, thieved or dodged paying for their train fare last year. Call it what you will, but if you didn't pay, someone else did. That someone was the club.

So, before you continue to moan, consider that someone coming from Shoreham who did not steal their transport, will actually be paying 50p less this year, than if they turned up at Shoreham station and bought a ticket and a train fare.

Contrats to the club for considering their fans and lowering their overall prices, which is admirable in the current climate, and astonishing when you consider we are the only championship club to have a wonderful new stadium with paddded seats, a great manager, and superb squad, a state of the art training ground in the pipeline and a truly fantastic season to look forward to.

forgot transport was included. Guess that makes it a bit fairer. However I'm sure most of the people who didn't pay for travel are sth's as they are the ones who know they can get away with it, I know I paid on the few occasions I went last year

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
we havent sold many any in last couple of days...need a big signing !!!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Kind of agree. Football isn't a priority for me. Mortgage, bills, being able to run a car are!

First of all I won't buy merchandise then I'll cut out the pies and beer etc then I will go match by match when I can afford to and then... I'm not even going to say it!

Oh dear, how will the Albion survive? You will be greatly missed. Still onwards and upwards.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I Imagine quite a few more will be shifted as people get paid over the next few days.

I'm waiting for payday before buying my FDM tickets.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cheeeeel Winston it will sell out and Barnsley will come close too being the first saturday game. The chance to step into the EXPANDED mecca of world football doesn't come along every day. Grasp it while you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here