Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Council tax or suicide?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry for appearing thick, but why exactly have you decided to stop paying it? Why do you think you should be exempt from it when everyone else has to still pay council tax?

So he can afford more whiskey and smokes. We've already established that bit.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
100% council tax benefit? How much do they owe me then? I do not want anything from this state. I just want them to stop stealing what I cannot afford.

Worth asking them if you're entitled. I don't know what the rules are on back-dating.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's not stealing at all as you are paying for a service, or many services, with the money they take. Plus you get two months free each year (a bit like car insurance that toostoned probably doesn't pay as it's theft).

Two months 'free' each year....?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Two months 'free' each year....?

I raised a sceptical eyebrow at that one too. It's a bit like getting a 'free' blowjob off a bird, there's always a cost, even if in towns like Grimsby it only amounts to a Bacardi Breezer and a packet of pork scratchings.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I raised a sceptical eyebrow at that one too. It's a bit like getting a 'free' blowjob off a bird, there's always a cost, even if in towns like Grimsby it only amounts to a Bacardi Breezer and a packet of pork scratchings.

You make 10 monthly payments to cover the year. Therefore you have 2 months where you don't pay, yet your bins are still collected, the police still provide cover, etc... The same as car insurance adverts that say they give you 2 months free. You pay for it through the rest of the year, but for 2 months the year no money is taken. If the ASA let it slide then I'm sure NSC can. :lol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I quite like having my bins collected, the roads paved (well, allowing for the odd pothole), the police, fire, ambulance, coastguards, street lighting and all the other things that council tax pay for.

Oh well, some people clearly prefer the dark ages. More fool them.

Indeed. Well said.

No-one likes their taxes being wasted on bureaucrats and town hall fat cats, but the money also goes on essential services which we all need and benefit from.

I dislike tax dodgers as much as I dislike peope who dishonestly claim welfare benefits; All symbolise a 'me, me, me; f**k everyone else' mentality which is so widespread in Britain today.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

As much as that? Grimsby is obviously becoming classy:ohmy::blush:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

oh, i see what you did there....modified a quote......i might report that. really low really, and sad that it is your response.

i leech of nobody, sponge of nobody, and don't use the police, hospitals, or other stuff....saying that i have paid over 100k in my life in tax so you can stick a pineapple up your arse and twist it.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
for those not wanting to pay CT look into the court case near liverpool last year - its on UT. a man goes in and knows common law, and says he is not the NAME in capitals on his brith certificate - and that it is a corportate identity he does not believe is "him."

the certificate goes into the witness box and he doesn't. the case falls apart and he almost arrests the judge for breach of common law.

when anyone signs ANYTHING with their name in block capitals they enter a corporate contract and sign that they (the real human) can be linked by law to the straw man (capital letters of the name).

when you see your name in capitals it really could say "BANANAS" legally, but as it spells your name you get tricked into thinking "it is you."

this is how most legalised scams in the uk work.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
oh, i see what you did there....modified a quote......i might report that. really low really, and sad that it is your response.

i leech of nobody, sponge of nobody, and don't use the police, hospitals, or other stuff....saying that i have paid over 100k in my life in tax so you can stick a pineapple up your arse and twist it.

Someone touch a raw nerve? Nothing HKFC said is a lie though is it. Do you use the pavements and roads? These are paid for out of the council tax. If you do then you are a leeching parasite.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Council Tax......a very emotive subject.

I understand the costs involved and the services they attempt to provide.

What I don't care for, is the general attitude of their office staff. If ever there was a prime example of 'pen pushers' being overpaid, underworked and perpetuating the myth of their jobs being allegedly stressful (whilst spending a 1/3rd of their time working, 1/3rd of their time discussing last nights TV and the remaining 1/3rd wandering from one department to another)....the 'office' worker at the local council would be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here