Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Council tax or suicide?

Feb 12, 2012
What happened to this thread? Ok guys. I have decided not to commit suicide just yet. I am going to refuse to pay my council tax and not bloat anymore the pockets of local government to waste on waste. Let us face the truth.. we are just supporting those that do not deserve it. So... what is going to happen to me now? Prison probably... I will let you know what happens next.. if they allow me NSC access from my jail. ;-)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Waste of time. They'll get the money back off you through a liability order plus added costs so you'll just end up paying them more. Three months is the most you can do in pokey under current local authority powers.

Feb 12, 2012
Waste of time. They'll get the money back off you through a liability order plus added costs so you'll just end up paying them more. Three months is the most you can do in pokey under current local authority powers.

I am not doing this for me! (well apart from my ego). I am doing this for you lot. Ok three months.. and then if I refuse to pay again.. what?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
its a massive con, really respect you for making a stand. i haven't paid it for years, but i don't "exist" officially in uk :) i am like a ghost to the silly authorities.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Some one at my work was caught up with by the local council and they just took the missed payments out of their wage. The bastids always get you in the end. Even if you go to prison you still have to pay it.

Feb 12, 2012
Some one at my work was caught up with by the local council and they just took the missed payments out of their wage. The bastids always get you in the end. Even if you go to prison you still have to pay it.

If I have not got it... how can I pay it??

Feb 12, 2012

I think the business of sewing mailbags has died a death since the advent of the internet.. you know Email and all that stuff.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's statutory debt so it's unavoidable. You'd be better off refusing to pay your electric or your credit card bills.

The council simply apply for a court order to take the money either from whatever earnings you have, which you can do nothing about, or they send the bailiffs round and you can have lots of fun never answering your own door to anyone again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I worked for 30 years paying my way for others to get rich.... Now I am poor and cannot afford my whisky and smokes.. bollocks. They can do what they want to those that have nothing.

The rest of us will be paying taxes (if we are lucky enough to be in work) for 50 years. I presume that after those 30 years, you no longer needed your bins collecting, or lamps in your street?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here