Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coulthard & Jordon in bbc f1 team

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
The BBC have today announced there line up for next seasons F1 which is exclusively on bbc only.

With D Coulthard and E Jordon ,along side Jonathan Legard from 5live and Matin brundle and jake Humphrey the line up looks a top team for there 5 year contract to show all the seasons Grand Prix's and with no adverts it should be worth watching in 2009.

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Coulthard & Jordan in BBC F1 team

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thats all well and good but will we hear THE CHAIN at the start?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
thats all well and good but will we hear THE CHAIN at the start?!

We had better or else I will want my licence fee back............

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Looks like a good team - I'm glad Martin Brundle and Ted Kravitz have moved from ITV.

IT should be a good show. Surely th best part is that Murray Walker will be doing regular Q and A columns on BBC's website.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Its a shame, ITV had just got good in the last 3 or 4 years after years of being shit and then they move it to BBC. No more 'lift me up lift me up'

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
incidently pictures of next years cars are floating around the web, slick tires look awesome and soooo much better than those grooved ones. Front wing is also alot different but theres gonna be quite a few changes before it all start next year.

Happy Coulthard is there, he should be a great insight, not so sure about Jordan though as he's always come across as abit boring to me!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Personally, I'll be most pleased to see the back of the UberBlandMeister Steve Ryder and the ads.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Looks like a good team - I'm glad Martin Brundle and Ted Kravitz have moved from ITV.

IT should be a good show. Surely th best part is that Murray Walker will be doing regular Q and A columns on BBC's website.

Yes i also have to agree with having murray Walker back on the scene

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It doesn't say who the main presenter is. Clare Balding?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
incidently pictures of next years cars are floating around the web, slick tires look awesome and soooo much better than those grooved ones. Front wing is also alot different but theres gonna be quite a few changes before it all start next year.

Happy Coulthard is there, he should be a great insight, not so sure about Jordan though as he's always come across as abit boring to me!

Why are they going back to slicks? I thought they had grooved tryes for safety reasons?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Why are they going back to slicks? I thought they had grooved tryes for safety reasons?

They are trying to encourage more overtaking. The new aero regulations should make it easier for drivers to follow one another. Because there is now only one tyre manufacturer, it is easier for the FIA control the properties of the tyres - making the safety element easier to regulate.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

dunno the full reason but I believe they originally thought slick tires = faster cars = more crashes = more deaths....part of the whole Post Senna Safety Rubbish they implemented.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its a shame, ITV had just got good in the last 3 or 4 years after years of being shit and then they move it to BBC. No more 'lift me up lift me up'

I agree that the coverage was excellent but the commercial breaks were SOOO annoying. Pleased that Brundle has been employed by the BBC, he is good.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
dunno the full reason but I believe they originally thought slick tires = faster cars = more crashes = more deaths....part of the whole Post Senna Safety Rubbish they implemented.

Yeh i guess, but then what ever new regulations they bring in, the genuis' who work for the teams find whys round it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not so rubbish, how many F1 drivers have died since Senna?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not so rubbish, how many F1 drivers have died since Senna?

I did'nt mean it that way, I meant it was 'Bubble Wrapped' too much, exactly the same as standard Health & Safety laws these days with way too much OTT reaction. Obviously great that no-ones died since (that I can remember anyway!) but they went to extremes mainly because of the court case that followed. NASCAR went the correct way in terms of safety by actually studying it first and implementing it when ready not jumping in and screweing everything up.
Needless to say Motor Sport is dangerous and you wont be able to stop deaths in it al

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here